Shipping cost question

TonyNJ

Greenie
Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a way, or is it allowed, to offer free shipping once a certain dollar amount is reached in an auction or if the BIN option is used by the buyer? For example, I list an item at a $10.00 starting bid and $5.00 shipping and with a BIN of $25.00. Is it allowed to offer free shipping if the bidding hits $25.00 or if the person uses BIN? And if so, how?

Thanks.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a way, or is it allowed, to offer free shipping once a certain dollar amount is reached in an auction or if the BIN option is used by the buyer? For example, I list an item at a $10.00 starting bid and $5.00 shipping and with a BIN of $25.00. Is it allowed to offer free shipping if the bidding hits $25.00 or if the person uses BIN? And if so, how? Thanks.

Yes you should be able to do that but when you send the invoice then you change where it says shipping to 0.00 instead of the five dollar shipping charge.

I just did this on an invoice where it was local pick up so I sent the invoice and then zero dollars for shipping because it was pick up so there should be no problem with doing that.

OP
OP
T

TonyNJ

Greenie
Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Do you know if it's against ebay policy to list it in the description?

dw171

Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think its against policy to do that. I'm pretty sure there's a way to have it set shipping costs automatically based on selling price. I don't know how to do that though.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think its against policy to do that. I'm pretty sure there's a way to have it set shipping costs automatically based on selling price. I don't know how to do that though.

I do not think there is a way to do this automatically. I have never bid on any auction where this happened.

I have bid on many items where there were discounts given for one reason or another. Every time, I had to request a revised invoice from the seller.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated you have to send a revised invoice, there is no automatic feature for this. I have put "BIN gets free shipping" and "please wait for revised invoice" in my listings before. So long as it is still over the stated 30% of the auction start price.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated you have to send a revised invoice, there is no automatic feature for this. I have put "BIN gets free shipping" and "please wait for revised invoice" in my listings before. So long as it is still over the stated 30% of the auction start price.

Don't you love it when they pay for the item though and then ask for a refund on the shipping? I've had this happen several times! Yeah just think man if you would've waited like I said... it's not really a big deal but it does happen.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you love it when they pay for the item though and then ask for a refund on the shipping? I've had this happen several times! Yeah just think man if you would've waited like I said... it's not really a big deal but it does happen.
lol, On the flip side I've had people buy or win two items, pay both shipping fees and never say a word about it too. If they would have asked I would have given them a refund. You no ask, you no receive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread