Shipwrecks in Rio de la Plata

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
wreckdiver1715 said:
While many of us may not share his motives for treasure hunting, he is entitled to his opinion.
Lets keep it civil!

Tom

Thanks, Tom, appreciated.

Anyhow, I fully supported the theory "finders, keepers" here. :)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I support "finders keepers" in Florida but the state wants to take it all!

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Mataki2000,

Yes I knew about this web page, I even tried to find some contact of somebody from "Proyecto Animas", but I could not find any email address so far..... Thanks anyway! By the way, are you from Uruguay?

Regards,
Lobo

MATAKI2000

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2007
Neuquén, Argentina
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S GMT / Fisher 1212x
Vox Veritas. No, I dindn't work with Collado. (No laburé con Collado )

Lobo,
I'm from Argentina, I'll try to contact someone from Proyecto ANIMAS. I'll reply your PM.
I've heard the new Uruguayan Governments could cancel the former 2007 decree prohibiting the activity.
Regards,

sunken collector

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone with info on HMS AGAMEMNON lost Rio De La Plata 1809? I understand the wreck was found and salvaged. She was one of Nelson's ships at Trafalgar.

HPardo

Greenie
Jun 22, 2019
Argentina
Detector(s) used
Fisher. Garret.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
shipwrecks in the waters of Uruguay

Hello my TH friends,

Can anybody give me some help with the topic of shipwrecks in the waters of Uruguay? It seems to me very ingteresting..... I found out "Nuestra Señora de la Luz", "Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion", "Santa Aurora", "El Francia" and, of course, "Graf Spee". But on the other hand I found out that only on "Banco Ingles", a sandbar in the middle of Rio de la Plata, hav been reported more than 500 shipwrecks...?? I tried to contact University of the Republic in Montevideo, their Department of Marine Archaeology, but without any success. I also heard that Barry Clifford has been working there with the underwater salvage Project "Animas"......
Thanks for any kind of help........

(Lobo) Bobadilla

An old post... Anyway I can help if you are still interest in to.

My best,
Horacio Pardo
Animas Project

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread