Short Hunt = 1799 Penny and Counterfeit Silver?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out this afternoon for an hour after work and hit a site I have hunted to death...only difference is it was ploughed this afternoon. Managed a 1799 penny, a saw nut, musketball, button and what I thnk is a counterfeit silver coin. There is a little silver plate still on the coin but all of the detail is gone. It is thick like a coin and the base metal is copper. It was not a button as there is no shank or remnants of a shank...about the size of a 25 cent.

Attachments

• 1799 002.jpg
    1799 002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 629
  • 1799 007.jpg
    1799 007.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 621
  • 1799 009.jpg
    1799 009.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 639
  • 1799 006.jpg
    1799 006.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 679
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Awesome coppa! You don't see those posted much!

If IP wasn't such a sissy (he told me he had a cold), maybe he could try to compete with you. :D But, a sissy will always remain a sissy. :D

Keep your F75 juiced up, man! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial KirkPA said:

If IP wasn't such a sissy (he told me he had a cold), maybe he could try to compete with you. :D But, a sissy will always remain a sissy. :D

Kirk

But I also said it wouldn't stop me from getting out. :thumbsup: I'm actually a little better than yesterday, but even at just half I'd still kick your skinny boy a$$. :D :D :D

Both you and Romeo have a long way to go if you want to be the coppa king. :icon_king: The button king, you'll never get that one. :blob8:

Hey is that a rare Kolonial Irk axe-finder monkey? >>>> :munky2: Muhhahahahaha :D :D :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the 1799 penny Romeo,can see it plain a day.Can't help with the Counterfeit Silver though,just not my bag....but if I found one it would be ;D Congrat's and best of luck!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Colonial KirkPA said:

Kirk

But I also said it wouldn't stop me from getting out. :thumbsup: I'm actually a little better than yesterday, but even at just half I'd still kick your skinny boy a$$. :D :D :D

Both you and Romeo have a long way to go if you want to be the coppa king. :icon_king: The button king, you'll never get that one. :blob8:

Hey is that a rare Kolonial Irk axe-finder monkey? >>>> :munky2: Muhhahahahaha :D :D :D

I don't want to be the coppa king...I want to be the Regal Relic Buckle Barron! ;D

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Romeo, as long as your showing up that Iron Patch feller, there will always be a metal datecting smile on my face. :D :D Great Colonial finds as always, my good friend from Canada!!! :thumbsup:

Here's to you kicking Iron Patch's buttocks for the rest of your life! :occasion14:

Kyle

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Colonial KirkPA said:

Kirk

I don't want to be the coppa king...I want to be the Regal Relic Buckle Barron! ;D

You can have all the buckles, I want the belt plates! :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds as usual Romeo. :thumbsup: Any day like that is a good day in my book. :thumbsup:

plainsman

Feb 23, 2007
Detected a site where a store burned down in the teens and found an 1897 quarter that looked very much like your coin. Bubbled up on one side from the heat and covered with baked on black soot. I would be willing to bet that you have a silver quarter that was in a fire.

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Colonial KirkPA said:

Kirk

You can have all the buckles, I want the belt plates! :thumbsup:

Buckles, belt plates, sword plates...I'll take all of them!

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Colonial Romeo GREAT FINDS !! You do better on short hunts then I do on looong hunts :icon_scratch:

Not sure who on T-Net is the Coppa :icon_king: King ... KKC is in the top 3 for that award but as for Button :icon_king: King IP takes that award hands down !

Congrats !!

Derek ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread