Short hunt - a surprise

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello

My 12 year old boy had a doctor appt today. So after the appt, we were driving home and passed a city park. On a whim, I pulled in. He has never went TH'ing with me so I thought this would be cool. A short hunt as I had 45 minutes to kill before I had to be home. There were 3 woodchipped play areas. One slide and two play structures.

I only found 93 cents and a small heart junk jewelry thing but still had a lot of fun. He was razzing me. You know, like, "ooh now you have 18 cents, you're rich dad" , stuff like that. :)

Well, as we walked to the second structure, he was ahead of me and went straight accross the chips and climbed onto the ladder to go down the slide. I started swinging accross right where he had just walked and found this laying on top of the chips. lol, guess who did the razzing the rest of the time we were there. ;) He walked right over it and didn't see it. :)

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Free 20.jpg
    Free 20.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 823
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cubfan64 said:
Nice!!! I hunted a small woodchip playground last Saturday morning and while I was sweating and digging, 2 of the sweetest little girls showed up with their dad. I guess they were going for a walk and really were only going to slide down the slide once before moving on. I looked up and they were both standing right at my eye level on a little walkway to the slide and of course one of them says "what's that mister?" I told them it was a machine that could find metal things like money and jewelry and I held out a little bit of the change I had found and their eyes got big. They proceeded to be chatterboxes for a couple minutes asking me questions, telling me their ages (3 and 5) and nicely pestering me (hehe) until their dad got them to move along.

About 1 minute later the 2 of them come running up to me at a full sprint with huge smiles on their faces. They hold out their hands and the youngest one says "look what we found right over there under the bench!" I think between the two of them they must have had about 7 quarters, a half dozen dimes and a couple nickels. The bench was on the concrete about 2 feet back from the play area. I took off my headphones, smiled and told them congratulations and that they did an excellent job!!! They smiled and ran off. Needless to say although I thought it was cute, I couldn't help thinking I could have found another 2-3 bucks if I had just opened my eyes and looked around before I started hunting the woodchips!!! Here I was, struggling and sweating to dig up pennies :P. I found a nice silver ring and about $7 in clad before I quit, but in $/hour they still did a much better job them me :)

Doesn't it always seem to work out that way. Best of luck to you and thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
birdman said:
That has only happened to me once and it was a nice surprise. :) Only one 20 though.

First, thanks to everyone for commenting.

Birdman,
It's fun finding cash huh.

I actually have found a lot of cash in my FINDING career.
As my signature says...

If I listed it all, and I could as I have kept
a TH'ing log since 1980,
some here wouldn't believe me,
so I'll save their skepticism muscles the workout ;)

Thanks for the sweet comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

-MURPH-

Apr 25, 2005
DUI=digging under the influence
Detector(s) used
whites-DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D

Attachments

• post-13131-1128265254.gif
    post-13131-1128265254.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 328
    5.3 KB · Views: 320
    5.3 KB · Views: 325
M

mchamby

your machine might not have been beeping but I bet you still heard it, wow nice find.
Mchamby

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bjorn_MD said:
Finding cash like that makes me wonder if anyone has targeted a search near the woods bordering toll booth areas. Maybe they're off limits in some situations, but their has to be some bills that just got away... but are waiting to be found.
It's worth a try, you'll never know unless you doo,
especially after winter snows have melted.

Thanks for the read and visit.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mchamby said:
your machine might not have been beeping but I bet you still heard it, wow nice find.
Mchamby

Hi M

Just dumb luck mostly,
and a sharp eye.
Thanks for the friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
CoinDigger said:
Way to go Boobydoo. I once found a diamond ring in the front yard of a house that was being torn down. My 11 yer old daught started razzing me saying" the ring wasn't lost dad, it was thrown away"
Now if I can only get the ring back from her.

Treasure is where you find it huh!
Sounds good to me. Nice!

Thanks for reading!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
surfrat96 said:
Booby, I had a feelin that's were I lost the $20!! LOL ::)

Sweet find!!

HH 8) surfrat

Give me the serial # and I'll return it Surfrat, no problem.

Thanks for the smiles!
Best of luck out there!

BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
Did you remind him on the way home that it was "20 DOLLAR'S and 93 cent's".Nice going Bdoo.HH!!

lol, yeppers!
This puts me well over $200 "clad" for the year (April to now).
Thanks for the friendly comment my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A md that picks up paper? That would be cool. Set the discrimination to tune out the 1's and just hunt for the 5,10's,20's,50's and 100's.

Great find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions