Short hunt, just junk.

PUNISHER

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
MISSISSIPPI
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250
Went to my grandparents (87 & 85 years old) house yesterday to do a little MDing. Got there and they weren't there and the yard was in bad shape. So I spent the next 4 hours mowing. Finally got to MD a little-while and found some junk. Pull tabs, buckle, shotgun shells, and nails. I'm still tring to learn my new ACE 250. They live in an old house that's about 100 years old and there is another old home and barn site in the field thaat I've looked at a little. Hope to go back soon. Still looking for coins.

Attachments

• Image053.jpg
    Image053.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
hey you can come look in my yard, it needs mowing too. honestly, that was sooo sweet of you. I hope you find some great treasures there.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be old stuff there--and your Ace will find it. Just take the time to get used to the machine, take the time to slowly clean the place out, and you'll find what you're looking for.

Regards,

Buckleboy

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

The 250 is a good unit. Pinpointing is a pain a little with the unit. Falsing was another down fall. I learned when I field tested on for my Dad and no my 7 yr old son was this. Just dig solid repeatable signals with that unit. I was able to pull up good old coins with the 250 the first day I took it out of the box.

I've never hunted with a unit that wasn't a top of the line. But I have to say the 250 is one heck of a unit for the price. Plus garretts service center is unmatched.

HH Jer

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ace 250 is awesome in 2 months this year I have already pulled 440+ coins out of the ground, after I mastered pinpointing it was a breeze. And remember sometimes signals that are not solid or bouncy can be deep coins. I have had that happen. when in doubt, dig that beep!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions