Short hunt produces Gold Medallion and Marijuana pipe.

steelheadfever

Jun 15, 2005
Caldwell,Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/Minelab XT-70/Whites Beach Hunter ID
I went out early to try and beat the heat. I was testing my 8" DD Excelerator search coil and I found a little clad, a 14K gold religious medallion, a money medallion, a key, and what I thought was a car's cigarette lighter, but upon closer inspection I saw that it was a cleverly disguised pop pipe. I opened it an found that it was freshly loaded and had not been fired up. When I finished my hunt I took it back to my truck and sure enough it fit in my trucks ligher socket. After 24 years as a police officer I have never seen one of them. I guess I should have checked all vehicles lighters LOL. Its funny because it even has a patent number stamped on it. Oh ya, before I left the park I dumped the contents of the pipe into a garbage can. HH Dennis in Idaho

Attachments

• 8 inch DD Excelerator 020.jpg
    8 inch DD Excelerator 020.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 729
  • 8 inch DD Excelerator 021.jpg
    8 inch DD Excelerator 021.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 717
  • 8 inch DD Excelerator 022.jpg
    8 inch DD Excelerator 022.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0

Lost Addict

May 25, 2007
Elizabethtown, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with Sun Ray DX-1 probe; Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics.
Nice gold.
These kids today can make a pot pipe out of anything.
Well Happy Hunting.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Nice gold and thanks for posting.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Really nice finds! I've never seen a pipe like that either. Kids, allways trying to stay one step ahead of the law.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Beautiful medallion, congrats on the sweet goldie and other goodies.
I find too many of the smoking pipes, one fully loaded this year also
at an elementary schoolyard. Glad they lost it...lol, stoners!

Smiles!
BDoo

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
You would think that someone smart enough to think of something like that would also be smart enough not to fork out large sums of money for something that literally grows on trees.

Maybe I should not admit this but many moons ago I use to smoke the stuff. I must not have qualified as an addict because the first time someone showed me a bag of the stuff I had been paying 5 dollars for and called it a quarter once and said they wanted 40 bucks for it I literally laughed out loud at them. That was the end of it for me and I never looked back.

Sadly I still have a friend that smokes the stuff. I try to point out to him that at 40 dollars a week that's 160 a month and 1920 a year. Even if placed in something simple like a savings bonds or an IRA and had been doing that since the age of 18 your retirement would have been nice and comfortable. It does not sink in.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Murph said:
Sadly I still have a friend that smokes the stuff. I try to point out to him that at 40 dollars a week that's 160 a month and 1920 a year. Even if placed in something simple like a savings bonds or an IRA and had been doing that since the age of 18 your retirement would have been nice and comfortable. It does not sink in.
Being neither a current drinker or pot smoker, I definitely tipped a few and burnt a few back in my younger days....I still have a problem with the stigma attached to pot smoking...I could easily replace "drinks the stuff" with "smokes the stuff" and make the same point.....I currently have friends that still "indulge" in drinking and smoking....and bear no ill will against any of them....how they choose to "unwind" is there choice..IMHO however, alcohol consumption has caused more problems in society than smoking pot ever could..ANYTHING done in excess will probably lead to trouble, but as I see it, both are drugs..the only difference is (in most places), one is legal and one is not...and I've never found any good reason for the this double standard...OK, I'll get off my soda box now..

BTW nice finds.. :)

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! I like that colorful key, those are the new hot thing, I guess they anodize the keys or whatever. There's an old hardware store near where we live that sells them, and they sell a bunch of them.
WTG!
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread