SHORT HUNT PRODUCES TO CUT SPANISH SILVER AND ONLY TWO BUTTONS...WHAT A RATIO!!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the first day of gun hunting season so I figured I wouldn't be able to get on to any fields but I was wrong and was able to hunt a field late in the day. Aside from the usual aluminum and shotgun brass I was able to pull out two buttons and two cut pistareens. This is by far my best coin-to-button ratio ever, haha. It was a freshly bush hogged corn field but there were fresh dig holes so the competition has already been there but as usual they were probably "roamers" and not "gridders" so they missed these two coins 8-)

PB180167.JPG PB180168.JPG PB180169.JPG

Upvote 31

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, silver is always a welcome find.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a ratio like that any day of the week. Can't go wrong with cut Spanish silver. That's big time! :headbang:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I’m yet two find. To cut silvers. Glad there wasn’t two many hunters too detect. Ok I’m done with my two jokes. I prob went two far. Happy for you pal. That’s a damn impressive ratio. The only Spanish that I’ve found that’s not whole is one that I snapped in half trying to extract from some packed in rocks. I’d be spending some more time in that field. Hopefully the others removed some trash for you. They obviously missed the good stuff.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Congrats and HH

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You were on you game that's for sure getting the two cut pieces of silver. Congrats!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Such nice little cut silver coins. Congrats on the finds. Two of them... wow.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang man......thats awsome !! Im still looking for a slice of the spaniards pie. Congrats !!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent cut silver finds Joey. I also enjoyed the video, I felt like I was hunting right next to you, especially the part where you couldn’t close the deal finding that target without your pinpointer. Lol.

I’m reale happy to see you’re having a reale good time and finding some goodies bro

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh how i'd love to dig a couple cut pistareens. Congrats, those are among my top few favorite things to find. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I’m yet two find. To cut silvers. Glad there wasn’t two many hunters too detect. Ok I’m done with my two jokes. I prob went two far. Happy for you pal. That’s a damn impressive ratio. The only Spanish that I’ve found that’s not whole is one that I snapped in half trying to extract from some packed in rocks. I’d be spending some more time in that field. Hopefully the others removed some trash for you. They obviously missed the good stuff.

You know, I caught that immediately after I posted this and the first thing I imagined was you sitting on your stained yard sale recliner, yelling at you're poor soon-to-be-wife to get you beer while you typed that sorry reply on your 2002 eMachine desktop.

Thanks for the nice comments 🤘🏼

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I caught that immediately after I posted this and the first thing I imagined was you sitting on your stained yard sale recliner, yelling at you're poor soon-to-be-wife to get you beer while you typed that sorry reply on your 2002 eMachine desktop.

Thanks for the nice comments 🤘🏼

Hey are you spying on me???? Btw that recliner was free bro. I got it on the side of the road. A homeless guy was upgrading. And I only drink cheap 40s. But man I wish I had a 2002 desktop. This old IBM from 88 is getting worn out

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent cut silver finds Joey. I also enjoyed the video, I felt like I was hunting right next to you, especially the part where you couldn’t close the deal finding that target without your pinpointer. Lol.

I’m reale happy to see you’re having a reale good time and finding some goodies bro

Thanks Steve-o! That one handed crap isn't easy, haha

OP
OP
joeyfresh

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh how i'd love to dig a couple cut pistareens. Congrats, those are among my top few favorite things to find. :icon_thumright:

Mine too. Not as nice as our monster cobs but I'll take their little younger brothers any day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the cut silver! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread