Short hunt, rain didn't bother me but walking around with a grounded lighting rod did

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hunt started off fine, found a .223 brass shell casing. and couple of quarters. The rain started which actually felt pretty good. Then came some lighting and the realization that I was walking around with a grounded lighting rod. I don't think the lighting would have any trouble at all jumping the couple of inches the coil was off the ground. Anyway all, be safe and God Bless! 20170405_131024.jpg

Upvote 6

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hunt started off fine, found a .223 brass shell casing. and couple of quarters. The rain started which actually felt pretty good. Then came some lighting and the realization that I was walking around with a grounded lighting rod. I don't think the lighting would have any trouble at all jumping the couple of inches the coil was off the ground. Anyway all, be safe and God Bless! View attachment 1435757

Your definitely a HARD CORE hunter.
It's Seems the Real Bad Storms were South of you today , They have moved into Central Ga & SC Now.
Glad you lived
It's those Summer Time pop-up we gotta really look out for.
Cool you made some finds.

OP
OP
C

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your definitely a HARD CORE hunter.
It's Seems the Real Bad Storms were South of you today , They have moved into Central Ga & SC Now.
Glad you lived
It's those Summer Time pop-up we gotta really look out for.
Cool you made some finds.

We got lucky and you got more bad weather than us. We had that one bad line with the lighting that ran me off the field I was on. Other than that everything was South of us.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! :occasion14:
It might have been a short hunt but you did bring home some finds!
Two things I don't do when it is lightning out... golf or detect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread