A day for my record books! Double Large, Little silver & BIGGEST SILVER find so far

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day for my record books! Double Large, Little silver & BIGGEST SILVER find so far

So after taking a massive loss last week due to a rookie mistake of leaving my detector on the back of my truck before taking off to another hunt and arriving and realizing my detector was long gone, I bit the bullet and grabbed a slightly used AT Pro for 500.00 with accessories and a ur left on warranty. I took her out to a beautiful well kept vacant property built in 1840 and gave her the maiden voyage and my god did she put out some mojo!! Also noticed the newer pro was more stable and easier to GB that alone was great news. So I balanced her in and started working the back yard where a cemetary and old barn foundation stand, working the ope yard in grid pattern I came across the typical trash and a few wheats, so I started working a high spot near the cemetary and found a bunch of brass colonial buckles, now I'm getting excited.....took a quick coffee break and started working an area around a beautiful well and got a scratchy 83vdi but consistent so I dug it up and line behold a 1911 Barber dime pops out of some iron nail heads, patched up the hole and scanned in a circular pattern outward from the plug and about 4 ft away got a slamming solid 90vdi pulled the plug and out comes a beautiful scarce variety 1837-P Coronet Plain Braid (Medium Font)Large cent AKA "Head of 1837" and she is beautiful!! Finished the area with a few wheats and relics including a **** ton of brass scrap (it all adds up) in the bank. Last but not least and the best part of the day, I decided to walk and scan the whole property wall, it was mostly quiet until I hit an area around a small opening in the wall and a few small trees that showed some age, my detector hits a screaming silver signal that was so big I thought it's gotta be piece of trash, boy was I wrong and glad I dug the hit along w the secondary hit about 7 inches away, out comes the biggest silver finds of my 5 yrs doing this unbelievable hobby! Out comes a massive Victorian solid sterling silver dresser hand held mirror and a matching, what appears to be a makup case, I almost died, I actually had to sit down and have a smoke in sheer excitement and awe! Total weight 140grams or 4.4 OZ!!!! :headbang:Incredible!! Just when I thought the spot was done around the other side of the trees another solid signal, comming in at 84-86 repeated VDI I thought maybe a silver? Nope to my surprise a thin pretty toasted copper pops out and after cleaning up what I could and staring at it wet n dry I managed to make out the design, it's a 1700s CT copper large cent!:hello2: What a day!! Needless to say the new AT has broken it's cherry w some serious mojo! Enjoy pals and HH!! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 39

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be happy with just one of any of those finds. Well done!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Dig's & a Great Site you got there.
Davers

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, very impressive!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're an assassin dude. Sorry to hear about loosing your previous machine. I know how excited I get when out chasing treasure. I have to make myself slow down when traveling to a hunt sight and go through my "checklist" just so I know I haven't forgotten anything or left my gear on top of my command vehicle. I have never seen anyone dig as huge a silver target as that awesome mirror. That thing must have blown your ears out. Great digs and the new machine is paying for itself immediately.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy for you and the results of your hunt. I can't imagine just how sick you must have felt when you realized you had lost your other machine. Sounds like you had some good karma built up. Congrats and HH!

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It Definately wasn't on my list of things to do but I was so excited to hit this new spot we found on an old map that I just hopped in and drove, def won't happen again. But the hunt made it feel better and my ears are still ringing from that silver signal.

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude...woooooah.....
Really nice condition!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! The padlock would have made my day ;)

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on an awesome day out swinging! :occasion14:
It started sad as you lost your machine but man you killed it at that spot.
Quite a nice pile of finds and a good variety.
Good story and pics! Thanks for posting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Cow, Congratulations!!!!! :headbang:

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Looks like you've found a great spot. I checked a half dozen fields in Brooklyn and Sterling, CT with no luck. Not even a wheatie to be found. Time to do more research, I guess...

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact me Tim, we will get out, there's a few tricks to finding productive spots.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds, shame on losing the detector.

Excellent LC, and nice assortment of other finds.

Well played sir!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely great finds- love the mirror- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread