diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The neighbor is selling his house behind me and had cleaned up his yard. I finally asked him for permission to detect. There was activity there from the 1890's on. I found the dime right away. The knife blade came out of a hole that had a spotty signal. I do love my detector:) I guess someone long ago had dropped this. It was a 25 x 75 lot cleaned and mowed! The 1892 O has two varieties? I hope I didn't give away a good one. I didn't research it to well. I gave him the dime, and will be back after a good rain! The dime was on top of the ground and the knife was 4 inches down. I have never dug one! HH

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 9

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe that "O" mint designation is possibly a key date for the Barber...If you get a chance, check that out if you haven't already...great stuff ! ddf...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You gave away a nice dime but not a semi key date. There will be more to find somewhere. Nice find

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds 1892 Barber and Congrats - that was a good thing you did giving the Barber to the owner - anyway thanks for posting & I wish you better finds when you return to dirt fish for another day.

Texas ED

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts. I told my neighbor I would split the finds. I love artifacts. I think we both are happy. It is nice to give the owner something good! I am sure there is more!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions