Short hunt with Van

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanoldschool and I hooked up for a hunt today. Unfortunately for me, the VA had other ideas as they scheduled me for some tests. I had about an hour to hunt once we got on the ground. Ended up being a little late, but hey, I am retired...

Anyway, it was rather cold and the top inch of ground was frozen. I know that is not a lot to some of you wintered in folks, but here, we are lucky to not have liquid sunshine. It was otherwise a beautiful and very windy day. We had a lot of hits and for the first hour only dug 3 pieces of trash between us. I dug about 35 holes in the hour and here is the booty. Nothing here was less than 4 inches deep except the lock. It was about 2 inches. I have labeled the objects on the photos. Best finds? Hamm's Beer Bear Elongated Penny. Only available at the Brewery in Minnesota which closed in 1982 or so. 1942 Wheatie at 7 ", another Fort Lewis Dog Tag, and an unfired 1944 M1 Carbine .30 cal bullet.

Attachments

• 19Feba1.jpg
    19Feba1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 19Febb1.jpg
    19Febb1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was a good day, next time will do a 8 hour hunt and find them mercs and barbers, I like the way you did your labeling, I might have to do that in future posts!!, Ill be up in two weeks!!!!!

OP
OP
RFrady

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, looking forward to pulling some coins.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread