Short woods hunt then got some bad news about my brother.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to go out to see my parents early in the morning and do my taxes and visit but they called and said that they have some stuff that the had to do in the morning. So I decided to go out and hunt for a few hours in the woods before I headed out that way. I was about an hour before I got my 1st target a wheatie then 1 min later another wheaty, then 5 min later the IH, 20 min later the buffalo then I got a call from my ma.

She said that my brother Nathaniel (28yrs old) just got word from his doctor that he "more than likely" has cancer in his neck (not 100% positive). I didn't have any idea that anything was wrong with him but I guess he got a lump on his neck awhile back and kept putting off going to see his doctor. Well he went and had a biopsy taken and just this afternoon he got the results from his doctor. He is going back to the hospital on Tuesday and they are going to take a deeper biopsy to confirm it and see how deep it goes.

After I got off the phone I didn't feel like detecting anymore so I started to walk back to my car, once at my car I loaded up my gear and looked down at the ground and seen something shiny. I scooped it up and saw it was marked 925 Italy.

We're all shaken but we are holding out and hoping that the deeper biopsy will have a better result. My brother told my parents not to tell anyone, not even me but my ma told me anyways. ???

The bottom pix is from about a year ago.

Attachments

• 4-11-10.jpg
    4-11-10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 100_0901.jpg
    100_0901.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 4-11-10.jpg
    4-11-10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 100_0901.jpg
    100_0901.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope all goes well for your brother. Nice finds. HH.

Ed

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope all works out well for ur Brother.. my best to him... MR TUFF

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's in our Prayers bro.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, will keep your brother in my prayers. Just lost my sister in law (47) to lung cancer (she never smoked a day in her life)

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope everything works out on a positive note for you and your family. Hang in there man. I will be putting you guys in my prayers tonight. Just keep the faith. Nice finds on all you coins and chain. zaxfire69

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my prayers are sent and I hope things turn out ok. my mom is a breast cancer survivor twice over. it is a tough road but we got through it.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it. I know its been said before but if I could I would gladly take his place in a heartbeat.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your brother is in our prayers we wish you and him good luck and happy recovery man my grand pa has cancer so i know how it feels wen you hear the news where here for ya on t net

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Well, hopefully if it does turn out to be cancer they can remove it and everything would be fine. We'll be praying for you and I hope everything works out.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW man ~ sorry about the bad news. That's tuff stuff! Hang in there ~ hopefully all will be OK and the doc's can fix him up fast!

Nice finds ~ love digging up those IHC's!

Take care man!
Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread