Short woods hunt then got some bad news about my brother.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to go out to see my parents early in the morning and do my taxes and visit but they called and said that they have some stuff that the had to do in the morning. So I decided to go out and hunt for a few hours in the woods before I headed out that way. I was about an hour before I got my 1st target a wheatie then 1 min later another wheaty, then 5 min later the IH, 20 min later the buffalo then I got a call from my ma.

She said that my brother Nathaniel (28yrs old) just got word from his doctor that he "more than likely" has cancer in his neck (not 100% positive). I didn't have any idea that anything was wrong with him but I guess he got a lump on his neck awhile back and kept putting off going to see his doctor. Well he went and had a biopsy taken and just this afternoon he got the results from his doctor. He is going back to the hospital on Tuesday and they are going to take a deeper biopsy to confirm it and see how deep it goes.

After I got off the phone I didn't feel like detecting anymore so I started to walk back to my car, once at my car I loaded up my gear and looked down at the ground and seen something shiny. I scooped it up and saw it was marked 925 Italy.

We're all shaken but we are holding out and hoping that the deeper biopsy will have a better result. My brother told my parents not to tell anyone, not even me but my ma told me anyways. ???

The bottom pix is from about a year ago.

Attachments

• 4-11-10.jpg
    4-11-10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,315
  • 100_0901.jpg
    100_0901.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 4-11-10.jpg
    4-11-10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 100_0901.jpg
    100_0901.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Johnlightning

Sep 2, 2008
Indian Territories
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Etrac and SE Pro
Best detectors built by far!
Praying for your brother and your family. My family has been touched by the "C" word twice this past year but with faith and togetherness you guys will pull through.

Sweet T

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2009
oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher VLF 660 Mother Lode, Garret ACE 250 finally!
I will keep your brother in my prayers. Hang in there, I know just what you are going through. We went through that same wait a few years ago in my family, it's a tough one.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Just keep the faith your brother will be in are prayers and congrats on your finds . RON

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, especially the IH. My father recently had his battle with cancer and is in recovery. Your brother has his age going for him ( being young). You and your family are in our prayers.

ok oil

Mar 22, 2008
sorry to hear this t f we have 2 family members going threw this its tough but have faith dave

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds bro, hope your brother beats this! You and your family will be in my prayers

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two brother's , one beat prostrate cancer ,recently ..amazing medical treatments ..Our prayers go out to all concerned ..God Bless , Mike

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you and your family well. Spend all the time possible with your brother for good or bad you will never regret that time expenditure.

HHHH

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Nice finds. My prayers are with your brother , you and your whole family. may GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Bubba65

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Hope all goes well for your brother and your family. We'll be praying for you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread