Should be called "Already been dug wars"

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I managed to make it 10 minutes before I shut it off. Maybe enough entertainment for others, not for me. Just more noise on an already very noisy planet! First 2 "FINDS???" were made in spots that showed clear evidence of already having been dug. Yup, I know...many possible reasons...poor editing, production logistics or maybe they were even planted? Who knows. Anyway, back to something productive right now...RESEARCH.

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They "found" a cannonball and a Spanish Reale...I found it uninteresting. You'll have to seek more details from others, I've already forgotten most of the short amount I watched.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I managed to make it 10 minutes before I shut it off. Maybe enough entertainment for others, not for me. Just more noise on an already very noisy planet! First 2 "FINDS???" were made in spots that showed clear evidence of already having been dug. Yup, I know...many possible reasons...poor editing, production logistics or maybe they were even planted? Who knows. Anyway, back to something productive right now...RESEARCH.
poor editing - I saw spot where Abbey gets a hit and ground looks distrubed - and then spot she digs is not
nothing was planted - I know sometimes producers did not get the right angle or there was shadows and they had to reshoot possibly
the guys editing these shows and filming just care about the finds - not how they got them - these shows should have consultants when editing
I saw another quick bit where nothing was dug but they showed them burying a plug then went to them getting a signal - they filmed I think over 100 hrs to get 6 =22min episodes
I just wish the show was an hour so they could get into the history and the hobby more in depth and show more of the other finds

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was told they only have 1 maybe 2 cameras
so you got 6 people - if you get a find and camera is 100 yrds away
you have to wait or dig the target and if is something good - put it back till they get free to get to you
- was told by a few that it drove them nuts some times cause they were told not to dig yet
or were into a spot with finds and had to wait their turn for camera to come around - mean while the others are digging and your waiting
and sometimes it was a while - this having to wait is reason they did not get even more finds I think at the fort

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casper, I understand what you're saying and figured that as a likely scenario. Admittedly I only watched 10 minutes before the wheels started turning and I needed to make a decision as to whether watching was going to be worth my time or not. A couple of your comments make me think I made the right choice.

I'm not a hater just didn't see myself enjoying the show, nor learning anything from it. Wasn't much point in continuing.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched it all, nice change over nothing but zombie and vampire reality shows that my wife and kids view.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread