Should you dig those nickel signals???

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I have a friend who doesn't dig nickels because he is looking for silver. When he shows me his finds I always seem to see a handful of pennies and maybe a token nickel. I dig those signals and might end the day with a ton of pull tabs, but thats what it takes to find gold. I look for silver too, but not about to pass on gold either!! Just a picture to show what is missed when you overlook those nickels!!

Attachments

• silver05j.jpg 008.jpg
    silver05j.jpg 008.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,095

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Jack,

I'm thinking you are right. For years I have been "looking for silver" and have not dug many signals that fall into the pulltab range. I would gladly show you a photo of my gold rings, but the only ones I have I'm wearing. I havn't found any gold rings to date.

I believe I need to take your advice and change my ways!

Thanks for the post. It's fairly common knowledge, but in our quest to be lazy, we are over-looking the gold :'(

Tom

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack...you are right. I usually go for silver but recently have been "changing" my ways also...No gold yet but since I have already got a callouse on my hand now from diggin...I might as well put it to good use..lol Still hoping to find one..HH and good advise.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
It is a lot of work, but if you dig nickle and pulltabs. You will find gold rings. Mike.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent set up a detector to only respond to silver in a very long time. I set it at below nickle in the foil range and dig all repeatable signals. I do this for the most parts since I never seem to FIND silver anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions