Show off yer sluice

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417924961.686665.jpg

From my Angus Mackirk Expedition today up in the Arizona Bradshaws.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love that color!! Awesome!

Much congrats!
Any photos of the sluice in action?

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, I was too busy feeding it, but will get some next time

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happens to me; every single time..

Heavy pans my friend

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator
want: falcon pinpoint detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, that's neat!

View attachment 926369 i got this little pocket sluice off the auction site.so i made a little kitchen sincker for when i cant sleep and just want to run some cons! lol

I like that! How well does it work for con's? Very interested in hearing your opinions, and experiences with it?

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a video showing it in action.

If I were that guy I would make a small header box; before his flare, to supply the water, and maybe even to supply the material. If you notice, his water V is in the middle of the riffles, meaning that its blowing all material out of the first 1/3 of the sluice - all the time. If he calmed the water, or decreased the flow of water, it might work better. The V is from a vortex (where the water goes from the surface, down to the bottom, in a spiral) and is a good thing, but it should be in the top, at the very end of the flare.

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
'wall sluice..'

This is cool! I've thought about making one of these. What kind of matting do you have in the various levels? Show us a cleanout, would ya? Does it catch fines?

7up

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 sluices, one 8 inch and two 6 inches wide with gold hog mats.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yes it works but wish i just bought/made a highbanker from the beginning. But I have 3 sluices and 1 highbanker now :)

Last edited:

DiveDeep808

Greenie
Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here a homemade sluice I completed recently. Its 8w x 30L. Its has 24in of gold hog razorback mat. Hope you guys like it. sluice.jpg

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there you go my friend I think you will do well with that!

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My gear..

Generic 36" x 8"? royal/jobe/keene a52-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator..
LED lighting for Bucket Sluice (via metal-cased penlight & magnet) solution (in use, & it works..well sorta)
30/50/100 bucket classifiers
Little Giant 550GPH Pool-cover pump: 120v @ 58watts (uses 3/4" garden hose & has 25ft. power cord)
Toggs 2-ply hip-waders

Projects in motion:
(30" needs a mat in the flare, and header for use at home!)
(miller-table with granite bed!)
(drip-style material hopper for bucket sluice)
(vibration pack for bucket sluice, just for helluvit, maybe a bluetooth one..holy crap they're expensive though!)
(rare earth-magnet packs for both sluices)

Last edited:

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::
^-- ..is why I want a falcon pinpoint metal detector.. --^
blip/beep = dig ...
boing/bong = iron, not gold

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
^-- ..is why I want a falcon pinpoint metal detector.. --^
blip/beep = dig ...
boing/bong = iron, not gold

A family member said this some time ago..must have been itterated before the days of pinpointers :)

Be well Mr. WW

7up

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size of pump you're running on the sluice from the third picture ? Seems pretty much volume .

Its a 2 inch pump with Honda gx120 motor that produces about 9500 gph, running it slightly over "idle" mode. Could have used a smaller pump but atleast it runs very quiet. Next step will be some fine tuning with smoothening the water when passing over the mats and get some legs for it, then im ready for 2015 adventures as soon as spring is coming ;)

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a 2 inch pump with Honda gx120 motor that produces about 9500 gph, running it slightly over "idle" mode. Could have used a smaller pump but atleast it runs very quiet. Next step will be some fine tuning with smoothening the water when passing over the mats and get some legs for it, then im ready for 2015 adventures as soon as spring is coming ;)

You can use rubber flab to smooth the flow. Also a plastic sheet (visquine) could help with smoothing the flow of water and knock the fines down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions