Show off your Chickens! Post your favorite foul here...

I love brown eggs, they have so much more flavor then white, I'm in upstate NY and I see signs all the time for brown eggs but I'm scared to get them...their like sitting out in the sun all day under a overhang..don't these suckers need to be refrigerated$

Fresh eggs don't need to be refrigerated.....
But I wouldn't suggest letting them sit out in the sun either....

To be honest, in all my years of coming up on a farm, we've had white, brown and green eggs. I just don't think there's a difference in taste at all. I think it just comes being farm fresh more than the color of the egg. I could be wrong and would love other folks' opinion on this. I think the brown egg thing is just marketing. I think hens that lay brown eggs just don't produce as many eggs as those hems that lay white ones.

Last edited:
Miss Pepperpot lays me goofy little brown eggs, and Sophia Eggara's are a light green, and bigger than her sisters'.

I hate to admit it,but had mine with mash potatoes and corn, last night.

Liquid chickens at Denny's this morning. Don't know what race they were.

For any of you folks that have never heard a Michigan joke.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the racoon and possum it is possible.

(Well you don't see dead chickens all over the roads.)

To be honest, in all my years of coming up on a farm, we've had white, brown and green eggs. I just don't think there's a difference in taste at all. I think it just comes being farm fresh more than the color of the egg. I could be wrong and would love other folks' opinion on this. I think the brown egg thing is just marketing. I think hens that lay brown eggs just don't produce as many eggs as those hems that lay white ones.
The difference in taste is found between store-bought (typically a month old to market) and farm-fresh, not shell color. The quality of food that the hen consumes makes a big difference. Factory-farm feed VS a bug and vegetative diet, along with regular feed, that many small farm and backyard birds get, has a lot to do with quality of egg.

Speaking of fresh eggs....breakfast to be served in about 5 minutes!
image.jpg

Don't have any chickens but here's my favorite turkey.

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 52

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back