OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mighty AP said:
The ghosts realy look great............& spooky! Im looking at your Jack Sparrow pumpkin & that turned out great! It realy looks like Mr Depp! Im curious how long it took you to carve & where did you find the patern, or did you make the patern from a photo copy?

No No....I just posted the Jack Sparrow pumpkin to get this thread started...its not mine...I am trying to carve it as we speak....Sorry about the confusion...wish it was mine because then I would be done!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Arent these ones nice? There not mine but i saw ones like this once. Last year i went to a place near here at night, they had over 10,000 carved pumpkins that were all lit up. They were carved my highschoolers around here to raise money for a good cause. Boy, it was quite a sight! Immagine 10,000 all different designed pumpkins in one area in the dark! A once in a life time experience il tell you that!

Attachments

• pumpkin1.jpg
    pumpkin1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 682
  • pumpkin2.jpg
    pumpkin2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 672

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Be sure to post your Jack Sparrow when you finish it! I believe I only have one more week of work before Im an unemployed bum again, so I may carve a few pumpkins this year. I saw a website a few years ago that showed how you could take a photo of anyones face & using photoshop darken it to bring out the shadows, print it & use it as a patern. With no artistic abilities, anyone can carve someones face & make it look like them. I never tried it, could barely opperate a PC at the time but Id like to try it sometime.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ummmm Packer I love it ...but I think the point was to carve it into your pumkin! Is that Wisconsin beer in her mug?

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
packerbacker said:
It's draft-brewed Blatz!!!

You know I would have replied sooner...but I was searching for one of those little happy faces that was green and throwing up........

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.....still better than Old Milwaukee isn't it? Did you know the Pack is an 11 point underdog tonight? I'll take 11 and the Pack any day.
Girls are doing a nice job on their pumpkin.

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
This one could easily be grown in the garden out back......Tee Hee Heee ;D

Attachments

• Pumpkin.jpg
    Pumpkin.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 691

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
gypsyheart said:
Michigan Badger said:
How sweet it is..........
Did you grow that one in your garden?

The garden of my dreams 8)

But some day soon it's going to come true for me and you too! ;) We're both going to dig super great gold coins!

Remember I told you!

Badger

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Don't forget to look at your pumpkin from all angles to get the best design for that one.

Attachments

• pumpkin 2a.jpg
    pumpkin 2a.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 662
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool pumpkins guys! Love your color changes Rat....Some of these tho....hmmmm....are just too funny

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
OK, heres a realy easy pumpkin to carve, Ive done this one dozens of times & it looks realy cool! Enlarge & print this template out (print 2 copies), tape it to your pumpkin & use something like an ice pic to poke holes through the paper & into the pumpkin. Poke holes along all the lines, about a sixteenth of an inch apart, when you remove the template you will see the dots. Use the 2nd copy to distinguish the dots & draw the lines in with a pen. Now, the dark areas will be cut all the way through, the gray areas only have the outer skin removed. Remember, when removing the skin in the gray areas, the deeper you go or the more meat you remove the brighter that area will be. I use an exacto razor blade & wood carving tools to dig the meat out, I use a small hacksaw blade to cut the dark areas all the way through. Also, seems to work better if you cut the dark areas all the way through the pumpkin first. Try it, you will be blown away at how cool it looks & how easy it is to do. PM me if you need help, advice, or encouragement!
Also, here is a pic of my PC...........I used this exact template to cut the side patern, give you an idea of how it looks! And remember, you dont have to cut your pumpkin EXACTLY like the template...........you may think you are screwing it up but finish it & put a light in it. You will be amazed at how cool it looks & so will every one in the neighborhood!

Attachments

• skull pumpkin.jpg
    skull pumpkin.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 543
  • PCskull.jpg
    PCskull.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 561
  • skull templateA.jpg
    skull templateA.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 598

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Heres a template for you pros to try.........WARNING! THIS ONE IS VERY DIFFICULT! This took me almost 4 hours to complete but it turned out very cool & creepy! Sorry.......bad pic!

Attachments

• zombie pumpkin.jpg
    zombie pumpkin.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 536
  • zombie template.jpg
    zombie template.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 577

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
WOW i can't wait to see more pumpkin cravings ! I consider them a form of art !

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Its a big ol' butt!!! I just carved my 1st pumpkin of the season...........my 1st in two years! I did the skull & thought I screwed up but kept going. 1st pic is taken with a flash, 2nd with no flash. Try the skull template people, it took me about an hour and a half because Im a lil' rusty, next one will be faster. Im giving this one to a friend & will carve more of the same patern for others & one for me. :)

Attachments

• PUMPKIN 10-7-06 FLASH.jpg
    PUMPKIN 10-7-06 FLASH.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 552
  • PUMPKIN 10-7-06 NO FLASH.jpg
    PUMPKIN 10-7-06 NO FLASH.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 546

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread