Show your best find or most interesting fnds, from novice to accomplished miner

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
They could even use their tailings to learn how to improve fish habitat/spawning areas.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Best defense against over vigilant public and govt people is having a kid or two with you!

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best defense against over vigilant public and govt people is having a kid or two with you!

I always take my wife with for the same reason! She'll have her camera out chasing butterflies and looking non-threatening in general. Always have less problems when she's around, plus she's good at pointing out when my gold pan starts floating down the river!

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Minus 100's in the bowl

Attachments

• -100 mesh 001.JPG
    -100 mesh 001.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 230
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Got our best return on our shortest run. Water and equipment problems limited us to about four hours of run time in the three day weekend. Will try and get some better close ups as my Nikon is not a good macro camera...

Attachments

• 4hourBonnellpieces004.JPG
    4hourBonnellpieces004.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 4hourBonnellpieces003.JPG
    4hourBonnellpieces003.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 184

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chunky gold! - hey, oak, i'm looking for a webcam w/ macro lens - any advice? (don't want to get into photography, just post some pics of specimens)

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first nugget. .4g, not much but a good day none the less

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130609_121841.png
    ForumRunner_20130609_121841.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 188

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids and learning Stuff:

"But they'll have also learned lessons in physics, history, etc plus a valuable hobby that'll last them a lifetime, or at least till the enviro-terrorists shut it down completely! Then they'll learn valuable lessons in civics and politics too!"

Physics 101: Buoyant objects float swiftly down river and collide with rocks

Physics 102: Ultra violet rays from the sun will cause blisters on any skin but especially tender young skin

Social Networking 101: Do not play with snakes

As of today, 09 June @ 3:30 PM, the NF was running at 145 cfs and dropping about 7 cfs per day for the last week so it is still a little too fast for little ones who do not know how to swim. Of course if your area happens to have a steep downward slope the water there will be running faster.

Nice looking color! And as always, thank you for sharing your adventure!..............................63bkpkr

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got our best return on our shortest run. Water and equipment problems limited us to about four hours of run time in the three day weekend. Will try and get some better close ups as my Nikon is not a good macro camera...

Minus all the problems that looked like one nice trip. I love the looks of gold that hasn't traveled. Nice work.

So when you were having equipment failure were you acting like the boys from gold rush to add a little more drama to your day? Lol

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Charles

This hasn't traveled at all, it came out of tailings pile of and old hard rock mine. No drama, just a bad water year, and unable to reach the water in a vertical shaft that was flooded back in the day when they hit a aquafer and couldn't pump it out fast enough. Normally it only requires 20 ft of hose, we were forced to use a borrowed 20ft piece that had a leak that we weren't able to overcome. Not to mention a check valve that started leaking uncontrollably. The gold in the picture is just the stuff that would not fit in the snuffer bottle. All in all, great spot for limited production. Great outing with my son, and the club put on a great barbecue Saturday night. Tri Tip, hot links and chicken and all the fixings..... As good as it gets. Hope all is well with the new addition and your better half is on the mend. Good health and Good Hunting....

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oak sounds like the same place you were working last year, but there was a crap ton more water in that Shute. Either way it's pretty dang awesome gold. How much smaller did you recover in the box?

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Down past -100, I'll post some picks if I ever get around to drying it out

Oak sounds like the same place you were working last year, but there was a crap ton more water in that Shute. Either way it's pretty dang awesome gold. How much smaller did you recover in the box?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While rummaging around in some dusty drawers, I found a couple of items. Also recently bought a microscope type web cam, so using you guys as guiena pigs, here go's:
1 - 3 pics of half ounce vial with some black sand. bs - 2.jpg bs - 3.jpg bs - 4.jpg

4 to 6 are pics of a forgotten project to make a "gold sand timer" gold egg timer - 1.jpg gold egg timer - 2.jpg gold egg timer - 3.jpg

7 and 8 is a vial of small quartz gold nuggets from below the 16-to-1 mine in Alleghany, Ca. GQ - 1.jpg gq - 2.jpg

You can see, I need a lot of work on taking good pics!

Last edited:

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
I dunno....looks pretty good to me. Except you need to seriously find a way to better separate the black sand from the gold in those first few pix! Lol

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:
I dunno....looks pretty good to me. Except you need to seriously find a way to better separate the black sand from the gold in those first few pix! Lol

I see in the panning for gold subforum, a guys getting 6 dollars for 3 ozs of paydirt. If I market that black sand according to that formula, reckon there's a couple grand in the
vial, right?:tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions