Shudupp and dredge while you have the chance

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John Pasko said:
I would think they dredge murcury from rivers because it is, if fact, harmful to all beings....gold is not.

Yes but gold dredges catch murcury also that's what they r using !
But the fact is if its that harmful to operate a dredge in those river it does not matter what your purpose is for doing so. It would be causing the same amount of harm.
But the fact is this is a bunch of crap the dredges do no harm ! They do a lot of good .
Our own government studies show this ! All the dredges in Cali don't even compare even a little to the amount of sediment moved in a single storm
Not even close to 1percent ..

It's kinda like the crap you see in the new about the budget cuts going into effect now !
The truth is there not even cuts they are decreased amount of how much more they planed on spending this year ! It won't even cut them back to what they spent last year
But they ack like the end is coming over this ! It's a joke and it being played on us!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm convinced that there are plenty of politicians around who would like to see us turned into one of those" european like" social republics where the citizens have fewer rights, less elected representation, high taxes and a heavy handed government to manage their lifestyle.
To Vini, I respect your words and message dude and wish you a long happy life. May God bless you and family....Rob

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G1 - the handwriting's on the wall. The sierra fund is way ahead of the miners in Cal. First they got us banned, now the EPA has added a "good samaritan"
clause which exempts non-profits from regulations relating to mercury. Its kinda complicated but in 5 years you'll see "approved dredging contractors" working
for the sierra fund, recovering mercury (and gold). If you want to make some REAL money with your 6" dredge start planning now.

New Federal EPA policy works to shield ?Good Samaritan? mine cleanups from Clean Water Act liability

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan said:
G1 - the handwriting's on the wall. The sierra fund is way ahead of the miners in Cal. First they got us banned, now the EPA has added a "good samaritan"
clause which exempts non-profits from regulations relating to mercury. Its kinda complicated but in 5 years you'll see "approved dredging contractors" working
for the sierra fund, recovering mercury (and gold). If you want to make some REAL money with your 6" dredge start planning now.

New Federal EPA policy works to shield ?Good Samaritan? mine cleanups from Clean Water Act liability

Yes sure appears that way! Guess I need to make some plans ....
Wonder how too apply ?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........some body was dredging the Calaveras river,full view of Hwy 49 today!!Big ol brass Balls

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First G1 - get a cool-sounding fictictious name for a business like "21st Century Environmental Process Recovery Associates" or some BS like it. Then take
training in toxic containment clean-up. Then hand out business cards to all attendees at enviro conferences, workshops, seminars, retreats, legislative-awareness days in Sac., and awards dinners/wine tastings. Then make several substantial donations to the 5 or 6 key non-profit enviro orgs. If you kiss their bums enough they'll award you contracts
using taxpayer money at federal prevailing wage and may not ask for a kickback of gold. This sounds wacky but someone in the next five years will do it,
and create a niche industry while the nation goes broke.

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan said:
First G1 - get a cool-sounding fictictious name for a business like "21st Century Environmental Process Recovery Associates" or some BS like it. Then take
training in toxic containment clean-up. Then hand out business cards to all attendees at enviro conferences, workshops, seminars, retreats, legislative-awareness days in Sac., and awards dinners/wine tastings. Then make several substantial donations to the 5 or 6 key non-profit enviro orgs. If you kiss their bums enough they'll award you contracts
using taxpayer money at federal prevailing wage and may not ask for a kickback of gold. This sounds wacky but someone in the next five years will do it,
and create a niche industry while the nation goes broke.

Well sounds like ill have to pass this one up !!!
I'm not down with sucking up to the tree hungers ...

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Fullpan hit the nail on the head not just with dredging everything's going this way, if somebody or some group doesn't shake up this pyramid scheme we call a government. Everybody practice saying moo or baa. Or move.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry the letter that Mark Stopcher wrote approving this loophole, as long as there is no sluice box within 100 feet of the suction nozzle and motor we're good to go, in one video you will see our sluice box and i was notified by a friend that that is a no no , the sluice HAS TO BE 100 feet from other equipment.

We fill the barrel with material, we're using a 2" nozzle so the biggest piece is about 1 inch and those run down the sluice easy enough, so theres no screening material, we shovel material from big bucket to 5 gallon buckets and hike it to the sluice, yeah its a little extra work but hey it is what it is and we're getting gold still.

I'll post the letter here so you guys have it.
Sweet. I bet he doesn't write that letter anymore. Keep on Truckin'

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have talked to Mark a couple times, to me it seems like he is FOR us trying to get our rights back, he discussed loopholes with me and told me he would be willing to send me an e-mail too just like wha Vini has.

One of the things he told me I could do is use a high pressure pump to move material out of the way underwater so that I could snipe in deeper overburden easier, I could also suck it up and dump it in another area.

He did warn me about turbidity and that most would write a ticket on it but in area's with low silt it would be just fine.

It doesnt seem like Mark is such a bad guy to me, though I do know a few people here in town that have other words to say about him.
Mark has tried to help me from getting a ticket and gave me way more info than I can retain, that doesnt sound like a bad guy at all.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting situation, and very interesting solution!

Read the letter as posted, and fwiw, I am afraid not many (if any) LEO's are going to be
willing to accept it as valid, based on what I see in the image. It is written on a word processor
and printed on plain paper; not on State of Calif. letterhead, nor is it actually signed by
Mark Stopher. I have no doubt about it's authenticity myself based on the supportive
comments, but it might be likely that if confronted by law enforcement you'll have to
make your case in court rather than on the riverbank.

(If any law enforcement people see the comment, please feel free to correct me if
you feel I am wrong, and you would accept such a document as valid).

G1..I like your attitude. Not a thing wrong with being pleasant with people,
but "playing the game" is what got us all into this mess in the first place.
I often feel that there's so few Gov't employed people who are comfortable
enough with themselves in today's world that they can break away from the
"mold", and realize what's actually going on. No doubt such "troublemakers"
are quickly moved away from a position where they could actually have an
effect. Russia sends them off to the cold north, and no doubt the US has an
equally nasty post somewhere for "non-conformers".

Finally came to realize that it's the Gov't that has all the power, makes up the
laws to suit their personal agenda's, and then drums up what is tantamount to
bullshit-2.jpg
charges for anyone daring to challenge their dominance and control
over the people.

For now and until we (as a Nation) decide to make the changes needed, it simply..IS.

twocents-1.gif

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizzy,hit it right on the head....you "get noticed",as a Gov. employee,you are deemed a problem child,and you get transferred to Washington DC,or in the case of the outfit I worked for.............GUAM,they know you wont last long and will quit.You are to be a number,and dont question,just do,and you dont have to necessarily do your job.....many,many,dont,they just take a check.This is the same reason I beleive there are actually quite a few that may fire on a fellow citizen if told to.......at any rate...MARK STOPHER,is not your or our friend regardless of the smoke he blew up your hind end,his past action speaks volumes,he is just another of the kind of I just laid out...he is the mouth for an outfit that has been bought and sold.Stop and think about the reason behind this Ban....now think about how a riffle box effects any of that...it does not,at all....now think about the fact that it is supposedly Stophers job to write up the new Regs.....how much sense does this make?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe Stopher is following the Keep your friends close and your enimies closer Mantra....He had ample oppurtunity pre-ban to help prevent the ban....Maybe Neo you gave him more info then he can retain also????...I hope I am wrong.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a good example how our friend Mark Stopher is helping. He sure as hell ain't no friend of mine.:BangHead: I believe Hefty posted this or someone on the board, this is just a copy and paste.

We just found out that California Fish & Game's Mark Stopher will provide testimony in Oregon DEQ's process to modify its suction dredge regulations.

Mark Stopher is the person in California Fish & Game who had oversight on the development of California's new dredging regulations through a process which completely ignored the input of suction dredgers, the primary stakeholders who are going to be negatively affected by the regulations.

Stopher was also involved with DFG's very hard push to coerce (under threat of criminal penalties) Siskiyou Country water right owners to submit to permits for use of water which they already own; something the Superior Court has since ruled that the Fish & Game has no authority to do. Stopher and his agency really wanted to take those water rights away. That sums up pretty much where they are coming from.

Mark Stopher is the tip of the spear of the California liberal agenda to take away the property and livelihoods of rural citizens. He marches under the banner of California State authority, which is leading the way towards total bankruptcy and the Armageddon of misery that will surely follow.

California Fish & Game is the agency that met secretly with the Karuk Tribe and "settled" away our mining rights in an out of court settlement without even informing us! There is no honor or fairness with this agency. Stopher plays a leading role on the front lines of an agency that is most definitely opposed to the American way of life. These people want a way of life where there is no freedom absent the consent of State officials.

People are so angry with Stopher in northern California that I strongly doubt he will attend any so called "stakeholder meeting" without very strong security provided by State law enforcement officers. I wonder if some of those will accompany him up to Oregon?

Though, Mark Stopher will talk politely to you on the phone. When he talks with you, you will get the impression that he is a nice guy. He is the nice guy that is talking to you while a whole army of America's enemies circle behind so they can take you out without a fight.

The California Moratorium was not Mark Stopher's doing. But if we eliminate the Moratorium and end up with Stopher's regulations, he will basically have gutted the commercial suction dredging industry in California without providing a single benefit to the State. Said another way, Mark Stopher and his friends put an end to an American way of life and freedom that predates the State of California. How arrogant can you get?

Yes; we pay his salary, which is more than ours; and he gets other benefits we can only dream of. All while he works to eliminate our way of life!

Make no mistake, the "stakeholder meetings" are solely for the purpose of Stopher and his friends to collect information to set the foundations to take your property and livelihood away under this new form of democratic process. The aim is to take your stuff away without a fight.

The Oregon DEQ guys who invited him will also be marching the the very same cadence. They will have invited Stopher to provide input to help the Oregon process along. These guys know exactly where they want to end up (all productive activity eliminated). They use a process, step by step, to get there.

This is the cold war that has has come to America, now with our enemies using our own legal processes to destroy us from the inside. Stopher will listen to you intently, but your views as the primary person negatively affected by his regulations will be ignored. He will cross every "T" to make sure the process is done correctly. He already knows what he will add to the record in the Oregon process. DEQ wants that on the record. They know exactly what they are doing.

I predict this is all going to end very badly. By that, I mean when our enemies have succeeded in undermining what remains of America's economy.

I don't understand where Stopher and these DEQ guys think their retirement income will come from once they have succeeded in breaking America's back. Maybe they just can't see that far. Maybe they actually have a plan; the United Nations? The United Nations gets most of its money from America, so that won't work. Do you think they are betting on Russia or China? Perhaps Iran?

My guess is that if you really pinned them down, they would blame the system, saying they are just doing their jobs. I'm sure that was the answer in every civilization in history that failed from complete mismanagement. Civilizations which were destroyed by their very own misguided public employees!

In any event, Stopher is going to go up and help the Oregon process along, as if the State of Oregon really needs any help. Oregon has recently introduced so much anti-mining legislation, it is hard to keep track of it!

It is time to wake up, people. Our enemies are at the front door!

I hope working Americans in Oregon will provide Mark Stopher with the same curtsey he received from the ranchers in Siskiyou County!

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didnt know that much about him, the only exp I have had with him till now was our phone calls which were pleasent.
I see that there is a lot more to this guy than I knew before.

I dont know, maybe he is trying to improve his image for people to follow him more.

I know quite a bit more about him now and while the phone calls may have been positive, I can see the big picture is not.
Thanks Oakview! :)

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vini,
You need to turn that barrel into a fluid bed. Then you can run all day.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good example how our friend Mark Stopher is helping. He sure as hell ain't no friend of mine.:BangHead:

We just found out that California Fish & Game's Mark Stopher will provide testimony in Oregon DEQ's process to modify its suction dredge regulations.

Mark Stopher is the person in California Fish & Game who had oversight on the development of California's new dredging regulations through a process which completely ignored the input of suction dredgers, the primary stakeholders who are going to be negatively affected by the regulations.

Stopher was also involved with DFG's very hard push to coerce (under threat of criminal penalties) Siskiyou Country water right owners to submit to permits for use of water which they already own; something the Superior Court has since ruled that the Fish & Game has no authority to do. Stopher and his agency really wanted to take those water rights away. That sums up pretty much where they are coming from.

Mark Stopher is the tip of the spear of the California liberal agenda to take away the property and livelihoods of rural citizens. He marches under the banner of California State authority, which is leading the way towards total bankruptcy and the Armageddon of misery that will surely follow.

California Fish & Game is the agency that met secretly with the Karuk Tribe and "settled" away our mining rights in an out of court settlement without even informing us! There is no honor or fairness with this agency. Stopher plays a leading role on the front lines of an agency that is most definitely opposed to the American way of life. These people want a way of life where there is no freedom absent the consent of State officials.

People are so angry with Stopher in northern California that I strongly doubt he will attend any so called "stakeholder meeting" without very strong security provided by State law enforcement officers. I wonder if some of those will accompany him up to Oregon?

Though, Mark Stopher will talk politely to you on the phone. When he talks with you, you will get the impression that he is a nice guy. He is the nice guy that is talking to you while a whole army of America's enemies circle behind so they can take you out without a fight.

The California Moratorium was not Mark Stopher's doing. But if we eliminate the Moratorium and end up with Stopher's regulations, he will basically have gutted the commercial suction dredging industry in California without providing a single benefit to the State. Said another way, Mark Stopher and his friends put an end to an American way of life and freedom that predates the State of California. How arrogant can you get?

Yes; we pay his salary, which is more than ours; and he gets other benefits we can only dream of. All while he works to eliminate our way of life!

Make no mistake, the "stakeholder meetings" are solely for the purpose of Stopher and his friends to collect information to set the foundations to take your property and livelihood away under this new form of democratic process. The aim is to take your stuff away without a fight.

The Oregon DEQ guys who invited him will also be marching the the very same cadence. They will have invited Stopher to provide input to help the Oregon process along. These guys know exactly where they want to end up (all productive activity eliminated). They use a process, step by step, to get there.

This is the cold war that has has come to America, now with our enemies using our own legal processes to destroy us from the inside. Stopher will listen to you intently, but your views as the primary person negatively affected by his regulations will be ignored. He will cross every "T" to make sure the process is done correctly. He already knows what he will add to the record in the Oregon process. DEQ wants that on the record. They know exactly what they are doing.

I predict this is all going to end very badly. By that, I mean when our enemies have succeeded in undermining what remains of America's economy.

I don't understand where Stopher and these DEQ guys think their retirement income will come from once they have succeeded in breaking America's back. Maybe they just can't see that far. Maybe they actually have a plan; the United Nations? The United Nations gets most of its money from America, so that won't work. Do you think they are betting on Russia or China? Perhaps Iran?

My guess is that if you really pinned them down, they would blame the system, saying they are just doing their jobs. I'm sure that was the answer in every civilization in history that failed from complete mismanagement. Civilizations which were destroyed by their very own misguided public employees!

In any event, Stopher is going to go up and help the Oregon process along, as if the State of Oregon really needs any help. Oregon has recently introduced so much anti-mining legislation, it is hard to keep track of it!

It is time to wake up, people. Our enemies are at the front door!

I hope working Americans in Oregon will provide Mark Stopher with the same curtsey he received from the ranchers in Siskiyou County!
^^^^^^This needs to be framed^^^^^^^^^^^^:notworthy:

Neo,he was "pimping",you....you gave him a bunch of ammo,in your questions....let em know what the "enemy",is doing.I have been set up like that by Animal Rights types......

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been pretty depressed these last few months, but recent developments show that a push-back is really starting to take effect. The Superior Court
push-back that Oakview refers to above concerning regulated water rights to farmers is one.
Number 2 - the recent near riot against Agenda 21 language in Plumas County "general plan"
3. A recent Judge's decision in eastern ore. calling the enviros lawyers demand for payment "egregious and capricious"
4. Just last week, an Appelate Court ruled that the National Marine Fisheries Biological Opinion was flawed and kicked it back for another rewrite, thus
declaring a defeat for extreme environmental lawyers.
5. Recent U.S. Supreme Court decision to allow polluted water to be moved from one part of a waterway to another without penalties, creating a defeat for
over-regulators.
6. The large turn-out at Salem last week, indicating a strong push-back to the ore. legislators.

I wish I could reference all this stuff properly (maybe someone else can), but the point is, I see the judges themselves getting fed up with the enviros
and beauracrats.

Finally, I don't quite understand the good implications, but the Jefferson Mining District has just expanded its boundaries from SW Ore. to include all
the state of Ore., most of NW Nevada, and all of Northern Calif. to a line running east-west through Stockton. This will help unite all miners into one
powerful voice imo. Please, anyone with more details, speak up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread