Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i can say there is a lot of name calling here..... You call Ric names his wife names his boys names............ And none of you even met or know any one of them.. From ones that have met Ric say he is one of the nicest person you would ever want to meet............ I think there is a lot of envy here......... And you think that more you can run him down the better you think you look to others here................. Well you all do not look that good to me..........

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys... Ric has a website to help identify fake relics...That was what I was talking about...look it up, it was around way before the tv show. I am not sayin he is diggin fakes...that I do not know....but he dug 1 on tv @ cape fear{ kure beach nc} you can youtube that 1...The website is informative.....coool

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ric rocks man 145wait 146 posts I can see why people are jealous
... They all watch him then say we don't like him...... His last show with Bill Paxton was pretty good......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, " BOOM BABY "......................>>>><<<<

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... They all watch him then say we don't like him...... His last show with Bill Paxton was pretty good......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, " BOOM BABY "......................>>>><<<<

I love bottle diggin didn't think there's were all that special or worth 3 or4 hundred still love to watch

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the episode last night where he find a Louisiana buckle, CS General staff button and unfired 12 confederate grape shot all in one field... So basically he found what most MDers spend 20 years trying to find in 1 day. Ha

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the part Ill never figure out...they hate the show, it disgusts them, makes them sick on their stomachs...they watch it every week...LMAO. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the part Ill never figure out...they hate the show, it disgusts them, makes them sick on their stomachs...they watch it every week...LMAO. :dontknow:
They sure do .......And they complain about last nights show ...And will be watching next weeks show......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, most have seen a couple episodes and continue to gripe because the people still watching the show tell us how much it still sucks.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Keppy what I said was my opinion, and a lot of people agree with me and you. But he doesn't give our hobby a good name and I'm sorry I don't believe his stories. Envy the man,,, NO, jealous,,,No!!!! Why would I be jealous of someone if I weigh less than him, have more money than him, and my wife is a lot better looking than his.... Sorry to disagree with you MR.KEPPY!!!!!!

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been metal detecting & treasure huntng for over 40 yrs. and in all that time I can't believe I would ever be shocked by some myorfick idiot being put on the network and giving us a such negetive view on what we all have worked so hard to promote as a positive fun and family hobby or profession shame on you rick savage & your deminted partners. Then you BS Bill Paxton to making an appearence on your program. Hey Bill you want to experience treasure hunting. e-mail me. Savage you wouldn't last a 1/2 a day hunting with me and I am over 65 yrs and a cripple. DON'T LET THIS JERK & HIS JERK-LETS DISTROY WHAT WE HAVE SPENT SO MANY YRS. ON SHOWING THE PUBLIC A POSITIVE IMAGE

HARVEST

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know two people who know Ric Savage one being a Civil War dealer! He told me Ric hasn't even dug 5 Civil War bullets and a knapsack hook more of less the lost pirates treasure he found in the ocean! :laughing1:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Keppy what I said was my opinion, and a lot of people agree with me and you. But he doesn't give our hobby a good name and I'm sorry I don't believe his stories. Envy the man,,, NO, jealous,,,No!!!! Why would I be jealous of someone if I weigh less than him, have more money than him, and my wife is a lot better looking than his.... Sorry to disagree with you MR.KEPPY!!!!!!
..... NO NO ... please just ...keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know two people who know Ric Savage one being a Civil War dealer! He told me Ric hasn't even dug 5 Civil War bullets and a knapsack hook more of less the lost pirates treasure he found in the ocean! :laughing1:
... As i said... just .. Hearsay... means nothing...

Last edited:

barberman

Oct 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick Savage (Frank) and crew have leased some rural property a few miles north of me. Its an old hotel and tavern on the Santa Fe Trail. Strange but true these buildings have survived over 150 years. The site is about .94 miles south west of the intersection of 56 highway and 75 highway in Osage County, Kansas

I've been there many, many times and have metal detected the tavern and hotel. Walls, floors, ceilings and of course the property itself. Running Etrac, Ace 250 and a Fisher. I've always went in winter months when the grass is low. Really have not found anything to brag about. I've been detecting since 1971 (Relco Frontersman) so I'm certainly not a beginner. No doubt Mr. Ric Savage (fiction show) will find tons of stuff. I predict he will find a jar of coins, a leather wrap of paper money and of course a gun. Give me a break. Many many people have detected this property. A club from KC hit it pretty hard a few years back and found a few keepers. The land owners do NOT allow access to the site anymore.

Here are a few photos I took in 2008.
https://plus.google.com/photos/116672061723429565751/albums/5284978115804012353?banner=pwa

McGee's Stage Station
Do Google earth for a better look.

Any thing found by Savage and crew will be deception and fraud. There should be a law about presenting false data to the public. The property is very accessible from the highway, its been hunted and scavenged for many years.

Can't wait to see what tales he spins. mmmmm "hey dude, that big rusty bolt will fetch $400". Makes me want to throw up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread