Side knife?

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Got a little Pre-Dover Hunt hunting in today......first time relic hunting this season. I dug the usual 12th, 16th, and 410th GA buttons, a couple of pistol balls, a fired Minnie, and what I think is a side (fighting) knife of some kind. It's about 13 1/2 " long, has a wicked bend 2/3's of the way from the "handle" end and is definately a knife.......who know's if its Reb or Yank, could be either. It's from a period site with known activity....but pedigree is questionable at best. I'll try to attach a pic or two.......

I'm looking forward to meeting any and all TNet Members that are coming to the Dover, TN hunt next weekend........that's TN for Tennessee.......no connection with 'Treasuere Net'......so there's no confusion, by the way. At any rate, I'll be wearing camo pants, and a black long sleeved shirt at the hunt. My name is Roger (we'll all have to wear name tags at the hunt), so if you see me, and I don't owe you money, be sure to introduce yourself.........if I owe you money, it's not really me. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 332
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could go about 40/60 on this being a side knife--mainly because the iron looks too thin.

Still a neat find, and I'm curious to hear what it turns out to be.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting find. Thanks for sharing.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger, Roger ramjet ;D

I wish I could be there on the TN Hunt :wave:

I'm sure there will have been some personally-owned favorite side weapons amongst the soldiers. Of course it could also be from the cook's wagon.
I'm looking forward to the answer too.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread