First post! Todays finds. Update on Ring!

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030
Well heres my first post. Last week I was detecting at the park and some old lady approached me and asked me if I found any good things. I just found some clad coins and some pull tabs. She said that she lives in an old house that was once a farm in the early 20th century. She told me she found a morgan dollar in her yard about 10 years ago. She seemed pretty nice so I asked her if I can come over to detect. She said ok. So I went there today and she told me that a trolley stop was also there in the 1900s. I was there for around three hours today and I found 3 lincoln pennies, a virgin mary pin, silver ring, spoon, two bronze handles(for a small furniture piece) , a coin or button with sailboats on it(I need help to ID it) and a coin from the Konungur Islands from 1942. I have no idea how that got there in NJ! Also a lot of scrap and a early 50s NJ license plate. I'm going back there maybe tomorrow and check out the yard some more and the trolley stop area. After cleaning of the ring better, I found its a Taxco Mexican ring from the 1920s. It looks like there were mother of pearl bands inlaid into the ring. I tried to identify the hallmark, but I couldnt find it. First official silver ring!

Attachments

• 11-01-08 (800x600).jpg
    11-01-08 (800x600).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 360
  • coin (800x600).jpg
    coin (800x600).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 358
  • sailboat (800x600).jpg
    sailboat (800x600).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 358
  • mary (800x600).jpg
    mary (800x600).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Re: First post! Todays finds.

Welcome Jerry! Looks like your first post is a fine one! :thumbsup:

I'll be you're going to have even more fun there tomorrow. I can't wait to see your next finds! :wink:

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark

Nice finds and great story! Sounds like you've got a wonderfull place to hunt. Did the woman whom let you search her land tell you how she found her silver dollar?

best of luck

Pat Pall

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

I LOVE the Virgin Mary pin..... I am by no means Catholic but I would buy that pin if you wanted to sell it.....

congrats on the cool finds..... hit that place hard.....

Randy

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, Jerry! Like the "mother" pin and the rest of the loot. Good luck on the rest of your hunt.

HH

OP
OP
Jerry1NJ

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030

Pat, she told me that she found the Morgan at the surface. It was sticking out of the ground. She showed it to me today. I found the yard was really trashy, lots of scrap and junk on one side. The area was the dump. The owner probably buried his garbage. I found all the relics and coins on the opposite side near the trolley station.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job and welcome to the party!!! :icon_king:

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe

Jerry, well done on a good days hunt! It sounds like your on a good site so take your time and listen for the not so obvious signals. Those will be the deep oldies! Take your time to hunt and also be careful with the yard itself. Keep us informed, we will be waiting on the big find!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

For the first post its a very good one. Will looking for more. Welcome to the net....

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WELL DONE.