Sidenotch find (updated)

P

pickaway

4 times out in this field walking corn rows produced 10 brokes and today finally a whole piece.Looks like Ohio hornstone guessing a Archaic side notch just under 1 1/2" long. Keep on lookin...
sn.gif

sn1.gif

Upvote 0

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Re: Sidenotch find

Really nice little point. Is there a village site in or near this field? I retired from the USAF and hunted at each place assigned to include Vietnam. I enjoy looking at another hunters successes and congratulate you on all the points you have shared with us. no find is to small to share. Whole or broken they are all fascinating.

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Pickaway! Persistence pays off.

Flintfinder

Mar 31, 2008
Troy, Mo

Nice little point. Trust me I know all to well the ratio of whole points vs. broken. It makes me want to get up on the roof sometimes. Like you said keep looking. We know their out there. Good job. John

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well 10 brokes seems to be my finds ratio 10-1.You found a beauty.
Congrats Pick.
Thanks for sharin'

Molly. :thumbsup:

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice find, It's a great looking point

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007

Sweet! Hey Pick I,ve been walking them corn rows too.It seems like your more focused cause you have to look down and walk a straight line.I,ve got plenty of pics when I get them downloaded.I think my neighbors think I,m growin somethin in that corn as much as I,ve been walking it. lol
Jeff

OP
OP
P

pickaway

Thanks for the replys folks, hit the same field again today found a bird point and a blunt.Found no brokes today which i found odd but its hard hunting the rows after the wind storm i know im stepping over pieces that i cant see.Cant wait till they plow.
happy hunting...
HPIM3938.gif

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, I've never hunted corn fields, tobbacco is easier..Yep plowing time soon.. ;D
Congrats Pick my friend Well done. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice points . I'm glad you had a chance to get out and find some unbroken points ;D

Acevillav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions