sidewinder or silver umax

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im thinking of getting a newer detector as the ones i use are vintage whites,although they both work and get the job done i was thinking about getting a tesoro, i can get a used sidwinder or a almost new silver umax, what do you fellows think would be the best choice

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either one is a good choice. Both are easily learned and at an affordable price.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Sidewinder would be my vote!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sidewinder is old tech. and the much newer Silver Umax would be a much better choice. But I'd take a good look at a new detector like the Outlaw.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Sidewinder is old tech. and the much newer Silver Umax would be a much better choice. But I'd take a good look at a new detector like the Outlaw.
.... Yes i will agree with Sandman on that .....The Silver is newer tech............ But the new outlaw would also be a good detector.........

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New MD?

After 5 weeks with the Outlaw, I would definitely buy another if this one went MIA. Being able to swap coils is amazingly and I am just now finding out how deep, tight and useful that big DD coil is.

Hi im thinking of getting a newer detector as the ones i use are vintage whites,although they both work and get the job done i was thinking about getting a tesoro, i can get a used sidwinder or a almost new silver umax, what do you fellows think would be the best choice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread