BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After an hour and a half of digging target after target this is what I ended up with.

20130509_204453.jpg

This was in addition to about two dozen bottlecaps, 2 old shotgun shells, 4 nails, 1 screw, 2 pudding lids, 3 pop rivets, a big hunk of rusty 16 ga. sheetmetal, a 12" galvanized spike, and a candy wrapper.

The saddest part is that the penny on the right was on the ground when I got out of the truck. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somedays a diamond. Somedays a rock. Welcome to the real world and maybe tomorrow who knows?

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully a sack of spanish silver!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel ya. I hunted an old school a couple months ago. I found ONE Memorial penny in 7.5 hours! The rest was random junk.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all that junk in that spot you are bound too find something good soon! Way I see it after about the 15 or 20 so pieces of junk you dig in a row the chances are good the next signal or two may be something worth interest!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep with it..yesterday I went 4 hours before I found my 1st coin and it was a stinkin Lincoln...hour 4 I found a war nickel/1896 Indian Head/1804 half cent...and I was *****in all morning to my buddy who woopin my butt...then bam! I got lucky..By the way I dug about 15lbs of trash out of those fields yesterday too..emptied my pouch 4 times..hang in there:icon_thumright:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change your strategy maybe, or try things you haven't before. Don't fold in over one bad day, there are many other good days ahead.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what were you digging, a parking lot with gravel? Those are some beat zincolns.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the city parks in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Marina, Seaside, etc...open to detecting? How about the beaches? If one spot doesn't produce, go where people go and swing where people would lose stuff, you will soon fill your coin jar. Happy hunting, Sub

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the city parks in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Marina, Seaside, etc...open to detecting? How about the beaches? If one spot doesn't produce, go where people go and swing where people would lose stuff, you will soon fill your coin jar. Happy hunting, Sub

I never actually checked but never got any grief either. The Lovers Point beach produces a lot of coins as does the Monterey beach by the wharf. The parks already look like swiss cheese due to the ground squirrels and gophers so nobody seems to object. Carmel beach has a lot of foreign coins from the touristas.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Salinas and bought my first White's detector in 1973. The old (pre 1950's) schools in town were really good to me with that primitive detector. Keep swinging! Sub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread