Silver # 17 + some other stuff.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I received permission to detect a yard behind an 1829 church. The loop on my XLT developed a crack and was unusable. I should receive my new one Tuesday this week. The only other workable search coil I have is this big ole 11 inch heavy White's loop. After all these years of laying around collecting dust it worked out just fine. I will take my new loop there and see what I missed. The find of the day was a 1947 Roosevelt dime which is #17 for the year. The rest of the finds were $1.00 clad, 19 zincolns, 7 real copper Lincolns, 2 wheats, lead seal, water key, dog tag and a smooth & thin round object. I am still am on the hunt for the first gold of the year. Thanks for looking! DD.

Attachments

• june 5.JPG
    june 5.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 6-5 lead-silver.JPG
    6-5 lead-silver.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 6-5 flat.JPG
    6-5 flat.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 6-5 flat edge.JPG
    6-5 flat edge.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 337
  • whites loop.JPG
    whites loop.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Look's like the "Old Coil" did just fine, I doubt it left much behind , Congrats on your finds !!

Karl

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOLA_Ken said:
the smooth round bit looks like a coin that was squished by a train.
Yea I was thinking dime or quarter depending on the thickness, cuz you can see the reeded edge still. :thumbsup: Congrats on the silver.

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nate in Ohio said:
NOLA_Ken said:
the smooth round bit looks like a coin that was squished by a train.
Yea I was thinking dime or quarter depending on the thickness, cuz you can see the reeded edge still. :thumbsup: Congrats on the silver.
i agree, but it is still really cool! congrats on silver 17! im still looking for #2! great Job and happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread