Silver #41, Indians, Wheats, Buff, Vnick, Relics at a previously hit spot!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, got out today to a spot that OldDude and I hit a few weeks ago, Normally I don't go back to a site a second time unless I feel like the ground wasn't covered well, but today I figured I was gonna give it a shot, I know last time we were there we hit it pretty good but today proved that you can never get it all!

almost 13 minute video of all the fun:

I combed the property in the opposite direction of the last time we were there

almost right away I hit a wheat, then another, then a 47 roosie, SILVER #41 on the year! :headbang: then some more wheats, junk, clad, some way cool relics, (4 pieces of crotal bells from 4 separate bells), and a really cool button to match the exact one olddude found at this same site previously, also a cool clip/buckle looking thing and then a couple Indians (1903, 1904) a few junk targets and wheats later I got a strong nickel signal and popped the 1920 buff, after filling the plug back in I scanned it again with the atpro and pow, nickel signal, I had to fight the rain to get the second nickel in the hole a 1906 V nickel!!, dug a short bit more and got a 1881 indian! shortly after that it started to thunder and lightning so I figured time to call it a day, good results from 4 hrs at a previously hit spot

1906 vnick, 1920 buffalo, 1881 indian, 1903 indian, 1904 indian (2) 1916 wheats (2) 1919 wheats, 1941, 1944, 1947 wheats, 1947 roosie, and all the relics! 1.jpg 3.JPG 2.jpg
Thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 11
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds there! I always go over places that I have been before again and again. I will give you an example, my other hunting buddy dave lives in a house that was built around 1900. We have been over his property probably 100 times grid it from every direction, and then again. I thought that the first few times we had covered his yard that we had got all the coins. But I was wrong, we have gone over his yard with multiple different detectors and grid it in every direction and still after going over it all these times I still manage to pull out a coin or 2. I thought that we had it covered after the second time we were over it but I was wrong. No place is truly ever hunted out. When they design a detector that goes deeper than the current technology we have now, we can go back over a place that was thought to have been previously hunted out and pull more coins out. Sometimes coins are masked by trash, IMO you need to keep going back over that honey hole until you can't find any more coins. Then go back over it with a detector that sees deeper beyond your current machines capability and see what you missed. Thanks for sharing, I love the Indians!! Good luck and happy hunting!!

yeah im just gonna have to try all my spots again and again as long as the owners let me!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanna go where you found your avatar, lol.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go where you found your avatar, lol.

Mine?, that was my barber n seated day probly my best day EVER just south of Nicholson, I was back there 1 time and got another barber, but nothing else worth mentioning

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt
Do you know of anyway to improve the toasted nickels

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt
Do you know of anyway to improve the toasted nickels

No not really, I hear this nic-a-date stuff that I've never seen works well

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow 90's huh, I don't think ive ever gb'd over 8586

I did however gb at 15..................at the beach, blah

Would that mean that the ATP didn't know there was ground at the beach? ;) LOL

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that mean that the ATP didn't know there was ground at the beach? ;) LOL

I read online and saw on youtube that it would gb in the teens near the water so I had to try it for myself, sure enough it did......huh:dontknow:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great site, with all those IHP showing up would have to go back some more !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread