Silver #80 is golden!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got off work a little early today because the office was slow so I met up with Dennis and we hit a local park. Didn't even get a decent signal the first hour so I decided to go back to an area where I had scored silver before and work it in 1st gear. After about 5 minutes I hit a 12-42 at 7 inches. I switched from manual to auto sensitivity and then it read 12-45. I flipped a 5 inch plug and the probe started to squeal. :hello2: A 1935 Merc at 7 inches. Silver #80 for 2012! :headbang: I filled the hole and started to walk away and then I got a solid 12-12 at 4 inches about a foot away from the Merc hole. It didn't sound like a nickel signal but because it was such a deep and solid sound I decided to dig. I flipped the four inch plug and then I saw the gold! :goldbar: A lady's 10K gold ring. :occasion18: My third piece of gold jewelry for 2012. I also got four old Wheaties in the same general area. Dennis had a great afternoon also but I will let him tell you his own story. Happy hunting to all! This is a great hobby. :occasion14:

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
you forgot to tell about the celebration after the hunt thanks for the beer and congrtas on your finds now you will have to show me how to find the gold dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread