silver and 1921 george v penny

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first find posting in the forum. I just received my used minelab Excalibur 1000, and a new Excalibur II last week so I am still really getting used to them. I watched a ton of videos and read most the articles on these detectors in the forums before deciding on them. I thought the transition for running them would be fairly easy, from the research & studying I did. Please take note to the word "thought". :dontknow: :laughing9: Boy was i wrong! I was really bewildered and lost the first day out! :help: The 2nd day out I went to a freshwater beach 2 hours away. I got there at 5am and I started out in the volleyball courts and didn't do very well until i hit a middle court. The sand there was smooth and i was hitting alot of clad. :headbang: So I was feeling a little more confident. At 7am I headed to the water and I stayed there until 1200. I picked up a little more clad and my legs started getting tired and the beach was getting crowded. So I headed out. I know I dug about 7 pull tabs in the water and everytime I dug one I was certain it was gold! :laughing9: Maybe next time. The George V penny and the wheaty I found in my yard. The silver dime and tin or alum mini measuring cup I found in my moms yard. Just wanted to thank OldBeachNut and TreasureHunter for the help of getting started you guys are a wealth of knowledge. Appreciate the kindness! :thumbsup:
000_0600.JPG 000_0603.JPG 000_0601.JPG 000_0602.JPG

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from the UK :hello:

Sorry to be a pedant, but the 1921 is a Penny. Pence is plural :icon_thumright:

PS. Just notice you got it right in the subject title, sorry :-[

OP
OP
travelingjack1

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Crusader,

THanks for the UK welcome :hello2: Yeah I actually wrote it down wrong on the paper before i researched the coin, I thought it was a pence because it looked like one. Then I looked the coin up on the internet after I already took the picture ??? I was suprised to find it in my yard i thought when i dug it up that it was a large cent and I was really excited :laughing9: Ah well, mabye next time.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
travelingjack1 said:
Hi Crusader,

THanks for the UK welcome :hello2: Yeah I actually wrote it down wrong on the paper before i researched the coin, I thought it was a pence because it looked like one. Then I looked the coin up on the internet after I already took the picture ??? I was suprised to find it in my yard i thought when i dug it up that it was a large cent and I was really excited :laughing9: Ah well, mabye next time.

It adds variety to the collection, not rare or expensive but gets the greg matter thinking about how it ended up there :icon_thumright:

Research them old sites, specially ones on ploughed farmland, thats got to be worth the effort :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread