billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday's first garage sale had an 8x10 box with jewelry chunked inside. No sorting, and the necklaces were tangled... The mom sheepishly said, "All that belongs to my daugher and that's how she put it out here...."

The Sieko began running as I moved it. It is a "4205 Automatic, 17 jewel" selfwind model for a small wrist. Any idea what the watch is worth?
There are 22 grams in stones and .925, but more like 18 grams of sterling.

With the Indian Head penny button covers, the mother said, "How about $2.25 ?"

Attachments

• P1020056 (Small).JPG
    P1020056 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 477

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Nice find Bill! Nice looking watch.

Not sure on the watch, must be worth some $$.

Bought a bag of 4 older women's watches a couple weeks back for $5. Figured I couldn't go wrong for that price. Finally got around to checking them out and one is 14k, sells for around $125. I'll sell that by itself and lot the others with additional watches.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for a nice price! Some jewelry can be worth more than just the silver melt value if it has certain makers marks on it and some older native american silver stuff seems to be going well on ebay now too--just looking at the little round earrings with stone, are they turquois stones? also, the round ones on the upper right? Good luck!

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2Minnesota said:
Nice finds for a nice price! Some jewelry can be worth more than just the silver melt value if it has certain makers marks on it and some older native american silver stuff seems to be going well on ebay now too--just looking at the little round earrings with stone, are they turquois stones? also, the round ones on the upper right? Good luck!

Thanks for the insight about looking for "certain markers marks". Do you know what names to look for?Yes the small half-round earrings are turquoise. Here's another bracelet that I found two weeks ago. I paid $1.00, it appears to be turquoise too.

Attachments

• P1020081 (Small).JPG
    P1020081 (Small).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 336

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread