Silver and the Dip

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many of you, I've taken advantage to build up my stack during the current dip. It's been fun hunting for good deals in the wave of increasing premiums as supply runs out.

For those of you who have experienced the high times not to long ago when spot approached $45 (going up from $18 to $45) in a year, what was the selling environment like? Did premiums go BELOW spot? i.e. were LCS buying for way below spot on an increasing basis? Was the difference between the spot price and what you could actually find a buyer for getting more and more every day?

I've cut back on my bank runs for CRH due to cashing in my bank roll and sunny days out making it harder to CRH inside. However, it is the hunt that keeps us going whether it is finding in CRH, or finding great deals in the market.

Upvote 0

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
As the prices got closer to 50, they paid spot on 99.9 or close to it even on coins because they had nothing in stock to sell. I bought some online in the low 40's and they were still charging a few dollars over spot mostly depending on the type of coins. It was just hard to find much for sale and the prices were moving so much that a few dollars didn't matter at least not to me but, then I was selling stuff I had bought for 8-12 dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions