Silver and Wheaties

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Switched off the nickels and dimes and picked up a box of quarters and a box of pennies this morning with modest results:

1952 p Quarter
12 Wheaties - earliest 1929, no S mint marks

By the way, try carrying a box of quarters 1/2 mile - pretty heavy. That's the disadvantage of living in a large city without a car - but oh how nice it is to have a different bank every couple of blocks !

Upvote 0

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I once hauled a box of halves, which is the same weight as a box of quarters over half a mile. It's a bit annoying, yes, but I needed a good workout.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carried 2 canvas bags 1 with $200 in loose nickels and in the othe bag it was $50 in loose pennies for a block. I thought I was gonna die. LOL I just kept going because it wasn't like I could put 1 bag down and come back for it later. :tard:

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
I've ridden my bike to work (about 3.5 miles) with $750 in halves in a backpack so I could drop them off at the bank later that day. I've done this a few times, but it's not fun.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I hate humping $1000 in halves into a dump bank only to find the machine is out of order.
Did that twice yesterday. :P

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
been there, done that. several times i have walked into a bank with four bags of $500.00 in halves each...only to see the dreaded "out of order" sign taped to the machine. :BangHead: nothing to do but head for dump bank number two. UGH!

ya gotta love what you do to do what you love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread