Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
TPTB will never allow silver to have $100 value. PM market: what's up is down, and what's down is up.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Anything is possible with silver. It could go to 12 or 100, nobody really knows for sure. The folks that seem to know the least and/or be the most in error are those who write commentaries on the pro PM sites. I won't name names but you all know who they are. Some even charge you to receive their "great" predictions. I still follow some of these sites just to see the same ridiculous headlines day after day, year after year, and how wrong they are consistently. How many times has China been going to back their currency with gold? How many times was the stock market going to crash? How many times was silver going to $100+? How many times was there a silver supply deficit (that is my favorite of all the BS calls)?

I think a person could make more money betting against some of these folks when they say "silver about to take off", etc.

PS The best short term indicators I have seen for silver price movement is when the big online sellers drop their premiums to extremely low levels (compared to normal) for a "sale". It seems almost every time I notice this the price drops within a week or less, to some extent.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea but if you stay Positive and Listen to Your Inside, have an Open Mind and Look Around You then maybe, just maybe it will take off. Lol Keep Stacking

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I still believe that one day silver will become the "in thing" for investing/monetary preservation and the price will move incredibly fast and high, and will fall in a likewise manner when it eventually reaches its peak. I used to think that day was imminent but today I can't say when it will be, but I think it will be within 5 years and probably sooner. I think when it happens it will look like the run up from 2010 to 2011 but be even more bullish, kind of like the blow off top phase of a commodity cycle that is often mentioned.

I don't think the rise in price will be due to any stock crash or other crash, because when that happens people flee to cash. In fact, the only reason I think PM's could tank from here would be if we see a big stock correction happen. Eventually PM's would break off from stocks and rise greatly (perhaps as I mentioned above) but not right away.

Lower fuel prices will make mining cheaper so the cost of production can stay lower than it was a few years ago, so any big rise in price won't be due to high cost of production, supply problems, etc.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions