silver bell,flat buttons CW camp finds

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Best find was the silver bell.Dang near perfect eagle cuff, poker chip, some flat buttons(their were more I seem to have lost them)and a lead or pewter thing shaped like number one. Probably just a piece of number 2 but you never know. The one flat button has a wreath on the shank side of it.My detector was breaking up all day.I eventually figured out power cord was shot.I was using a GPX. Everything but the poker chip was dug with it.My big problem was lack of sleep and my allergies were killing me.Mix the with a 100 degrees plus humidity and I was toast.I spent half the day recovering from the other half in the shade.Next time I will go down a day ahead. Heck with driving 730 miles then hunting all day.I have no idea what brass square thing is.But I do love the soil in the low country in SC.That button came out of the ground like that.No cleaning needed.

Now the clad and star button with stars in it came from spot I hit today.Only good thing was a 1916 wheat cent.

Attachments

• P1010134.JPG
    P1010134.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 137
  • P1010135.JPG
    P1010135.JPG
    577.8 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 5

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice 3 ringer and buttons. Glad you pointed out the bell because I never would have known what it was.

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I had trouble noticing the bell to. I can definitely tell its silver after zooming in. Are you sure it isn't the back of a silver button ? Is there a clacker inside? Either way, very neat finds!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions