Silver Cashe Site.

coinhunter53

Jul 13, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer E-Trac, Shadow X 5, Fisher 1266X.
Well, the site where the silver cashe coins came from is now closed. The firm that will be building the Rite Aid has closed off the site from treasure hunters for insurance reasons. I tried for two hours to change his mind without success. I even offered him money, Lots of Money to no avail. So, I had to leave and watch them dig a great big hole where all the silver coins came from. But this was a great site to detect and I made many great finds , besides the Silver Cashe Coins. I found a total of 39 Silver Coins, One Silver Coin for all the years I have been detecting, 1 1898 Indian Head Penny to add to the total. Blus Bottles, jars, & ceramics, over 40 Matchbox Cars that my Grandkids are enjoying now and about 69 pounds of old copper. It was a great site while it lasted. Now, on to the next site. Thanks for all your interest in my little journey in treasure finds. HH...Jesse.

Attachments

• 1 Silver Cashe Finds, 3..jpg
    1 Silver Cashe Finds, 3..jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
CarolinaDigs said:
You may can buy the dirt they haul away ;D I am sorry but I am Little mischievous ::) I would have to hunt at night with someone holding the flashlight ::)

I have night vision and I will help you. :D

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's a bunch of beautiful coins. Good work.

I had a site like that once. The site was the train station in our town that they were tearing down and smoothing out for a new building. Got some great coins out before they stopped me to do the heavy work.

I went by the following day to see if they had started, and saw them loading dump trucks full of topsoil up and hualng it away, I followed. They took it to a large empty lot. Tracked down the owner of that lot who let me detect it. Found lots more coins. Follow the dirt.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Really nice finds and wonderful site. I guess you have been doing this long enough to know that it just isnt worth it to try and sneak back in there at night,there are plenty of other great sites as yet undiscoverd and Im sure you will find them. If you want to get a little bit of payback to the guys who ran you off I would post the exact location of the site here on T-net,that way more of the coins could be recoverd and you would not be at fault. If they wont let you detect there its not like they are going to let you at their next site or any other places they have. All that aside glad to see that you were able to rescue as many of those darling little bits of silver as you did,HH....Shoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread