Silver Coins, Gold Pocket Watch, Australian Large Cent, Buttons, Old Key, Token

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello forumites,

It's been a while since I last posted. Been trying to let my finds build up, but as you can see, the silver is getting real stingy in my area; one here, one there. But I did make some other interesting finds while looking for the deepies.

The watch was quite a surprise at 1" under the surface. It's an antique ladies pocket watch (Molly Stark model), made by Hampden Watch Co., which was making watches here in the US between 1877-1930. It's gold filled with 7 jewels, and the serial # inside dates it's creation to 1911-1912.

The token is an advertising spinner token for an old brand of straight bourbon whiskey, Park & Tilford, circa early 20th century.

Some other finds are an old key, some cool buttons, which still have gilt on them. One button has the picture of Queen Elizabeth on it. The large coin is a 1933 Austrailian large cent, which was holed on the top, probably worn as a pendant. Not pictured, are about 30 wheaties, which I dug last week.

Hope to find some new places which have been un'Explored soon.

Thanks for looking,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2364_sm2.jpg
    IMG_2364_sm2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,111
  • HampdenMollyStark.jpg
    HampdenMollyStark.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,134
  • ParkTilfordToken.jpg
    ParkTilfordToken.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,076
Upvote 0
K

KirkTN

Captn_SE, those are some dandy finds. The pocket watch is very Cool, as are the buttons.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan the Man,

How are you doing, my buddy? I have been busy as hell lately, so my time on this great forum has been limited. The time spent working as an RN is time consuming, but totally worth the work. :) But, Zoy, Silver Zeus, and I have been finding some great sites via ra-search. We just need to wait for Spring now. :D We will be finding some nice coins again this year.

I see that you are still finding the wilvers! You never cease to amaze me, bud. :) You have to be at 60 by now. Keep striking it, my friend!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool watch. I've never found on with that much gilt on it! I did find a nice case made out of coin silver but there weren't any guts in it.
That button all the way to the left looks like an Imperial German, Prussian, or maybe Polish navy button, but I'm just guessing.
Congrats on the Silver too!!!

HH,
-SgtSki

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver Coins, Gold Pocket Watch, Australian Large Cent, Buttons, Old Key, To

A silver drought??? Maybe that's because you dug every buried piece of silver last year :D

Those are some cool finds! I don't know, I like digging old silver but the relics are personal... Love the key, pocket watch, buttons, all of it... real nice.

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I love the watch and key! WTG!

Cheers and HH,
Brendan

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Dan. It's been years since I found a pocket watch. Tokens are always neat to find too...but few and far between here. The last "token" I found turned out to be my first ever large cent last year once we got home and rinsed it off :o

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver Coins, Gold Pocket Watch, Australian Large Cent, Buttons, Old Key, To

Nice finds and congratulations (again) ;)

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions