Silver, couple firsts, and ones a SEATED

shallowdigger65

Sep 20, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
With the season coming to a close, we have been trying to get out as often as we can. Saturday we went to the local park and tried an area that we had not checked as much. My first dig was an 1892 indian at about 4 inches. After a little while, I found my first V nickel, 1898, which is good because my son Filthy has 4 now. After wandering around a while and just before we left, I found the 1889 indian.

Sunday when we went back in the morning, I got skunked. The afternoon was slow as well, but towards the end I found a worn 26 merc. We went back again this Sunday which is probably our last hunt of the year. I wasn't finding anything and we were about to head out so I did a little circle around the big tree and got a good signal, but it seemed too long to be a coin. I dug anyways, and at about 5 inches down encountered a root about an inch and a half thick. So of course the target is right under the root. I dig around it, pop out some dirt and put it on the towel and see the silver shining in the dirt.

We could only see one dime at first, but this looked more worn than the barbers we've found, so I flipped it over, knocked off the dirt, and saw the date. 1887. First Seated on the last dig of the year. There was a bullet to the side of the hole which is why I think the signal seemed long. Cold, getting dark, last dig, seated. What a way to end the season!

Attachments

• 0341.jpg
    0341.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 0351.jpg
    0351.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 0331.jpg
    0331.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 171
  • 0411.jpg
    0411.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 0431.jpg
    0431.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 172

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Hunt!!! :icon_thumright: Beautiful seated. Congratulations
HH
John

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the date of that "V" that came up, I KNEW that a Seated would come up from there. Big Congrats to you bud! :thumbsup:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great firsts to find this late in the season. I also dug a 1887 dime this fall.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Congrats on joining the Seated club :thumbsup:
I am sure that was a great thrill to see what you got on that one and worth braving the tree root. If this is your last hunt of the year, that was a good one! Nice to have full liberty on the seated as well.

OP
OP
shallowdigger65

shallowdigger65

Sep 20, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Thanks guys, and it looks like the seated will be my last dig. Little to cold for me to be out digging :laughing9:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Agreed, if it's a first, that's a fine example of one.

Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread