Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
I decided to stay close to the house tonight and hunt a local elementary field. Its not a big field but has plenty of targets to keep me busy. No gold showed up tonight but I did manage a couple pieces of silver. Most of the field is kept watered and digging is real easy. The parts that are dry are like concrete. I hunted til dark and came away with a good pile of clad as well. First keeper was the ring. Its probably one of the smaller silver rings I have found. I never expect much from elementary schools as far as big pieces. Second was the cross. Came up as a dime. So all in all not a bad hunt. Maybe the gold will show up next time. My plan is to scrap all this years gold if I dig enough and buy a second Harley. How cool would that be. I have seen quite a few in the $4000.00 range on craigslist lately. It just might work too. Thanks for lookin and luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN1382.JPG
    DSCN1382.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 893
  • DSCN1388.JPG
    DSCN1388.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 886
  • DSCN1380.JPG
    DSCN1380.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 903
  • RSCN1387.JPG
    RSCN1387.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 896
  • DSCN1381.JPG
    DSCN1381.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 894
  • RSCN1385.JPG
    RSCN1385.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 880
Upvote 0
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tomharris76 said:
If you find enough gold to sell to buy a Harley it should makebthe banner!
We still got a couple months ta go. I should clear 4 grand easy. Looked at a dyna this mornin in that range. I think it just might work. ;D
JuJu

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WTG, JuJu!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool cross!

Imagine turning your gold in for a motorcycle. Nice!

I'm currently saving my clad for something nice. I think that's as close as I'm going to get to that! :)

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver cross JuJu :hello2:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kimsdad said:
WTG, JuJu!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool cross!

Imagine turning your gold in for a motorcycle. Nice!

I'm currently saving my clad for something nice. I think that's as close as I'm going to get to that! :)
Thanks KD.
I turn in my clad each month and turn it back into fuel in the car. I average a little over 50 buck in clad a month.
JuJu

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool finds. But, I have to say that the best thing pictured was the green grass. I haven't seen green grass in months. All brown and hard around here....

Congrats.

Brian in MA

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Iam jealous....not of your finds but how green the grass is where you at,,,,,,here its just hard,dry,and dry and hard and more dry. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
Nice finds BTW.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg Bro.......wish I still had my scoot I soooooooooooooo need a few hours of ridin .

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tank69 said:
wtg Bro.......wish I still had my scoot I soooooooooooooo need a few hours of ridin .
Come up and visit and borrow mine. Whenever ya need it.
JuJu

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Stuff...I havent been to lucky in the jewelry department..but focusing on that next...Can i ask a dumb question?...Why do i see people using screwdrivers??

Anyway..Cant wait to see that Harley :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Awesome Stuff...I havent been to lucky in the jewelry department..but focusing on that next...Can i ask a dumb question?...Why do i see people using screwdrivers??

Anyway..Cant wait to see that Harley :laughing9: :laughing9:
Not a dumb question. There's no such thing. I use a screwdriver to probe shallow targets or to prop the plug open for pics. Thats all. If its in the top 2 inches I can usually locate it with the propointer and then pop it with the screwdriver. If the screwdriver pushes through it I leave it in the ground. Works real well to get my target recovery to just a few seconds each.
JuJu

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there. :icon_thumleft: So I guess there is stuff in the newer grass huh? I always see that sandy look in the grass you dig. Do you know if that soil is old, or is there just alot of activity there?

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eagleforce said:
Nice finds there. :icon_thumleft: So I guess there is stuff in the newer grass huh? I always see that sandy look in the grass you dig. Do you know if that soil is old, or is there just alot of activity there?
Almost all of the sports fields in western Washington are replenished with sand. They spread sand because it drains well. And we get a ton of rain here. It sure beats mud in the winter.
JuJu

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good idea Nate, I just now Broke $50 for the year in clad, would like to hit $100 by December and buy a Nice old Coin for the Collection.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vanoldschool said:
good idea Nate, I just now Broke $50 for the year in clad, would like to hit $100 by December and buy a Nice old Coin for the Collection.
That sounds like a great idea. I am havin a hard time deciding between another Harley and a new whites V3i detector. On one hand having more than one bike is cool, but on the other that new detector is really shiny. Man I hate decisions like that.
JuJu

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like you are finding all of the gold and silver nowadays, Juju ::) I need to start hunting parks and soccer fields around here. I usually never hunt any. You can have a part time job doing that :laughing7:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I want to be just like JUJU !!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the finds. As usual you never disapoint.......Jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread