Silver Dime Tri-fecta

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thought I would post a dime tri-fecta I found today. All from an 1890's private yard. Oddly, I didn't find any Indian Heads and only 2 wheats. I am thinking it has been hit before even though I found 4 silver dimes. Only one of them(Merc) gave a good signal. The others were deep or on edge. The 2 Barbers gave off a 10-44 on the Etrac, and I was thinking Wheaty. I was very happy when I cracked open the dirt, and 2 Barbers fell out. Best I could tell, they were directly on top of each other. First dime tri-fecta of the year.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 4142010a.jpg
    4142010a.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
pointdlr said:
Thought I would post a dime tri-fecta I found today. All from an 1890's private yard. Oddly, I didn't find any Indian Heads and only 2 wheats. I am thinking it has been hit before even though I found 4 silver dimes. Only one of them(Merc) gave a good signal. The others were deep or on edge. The 2 Barbers gave off a 10-44 on the Etrac, and I was thinking Wheaty. I was very happy when I cracked open the dirt, and 2 Barbers fell out. Best I could tell, they were directly on top of each other. First dime tri-fecta of the year.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Killer! :headbang: my Pro coil is on back-order... and I have also been using the numbers more than the + on the SE!

OP
OP
pointdlr

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Moundbuilder,
I have used the SE and the Etrac. The target box was pretty good on the SE, but almost worthless on the Etrac. With both machines, I use tone first, then depth, but you end up using the numbers with the Etrac. It is a difference between the machines that I have noticed. You will like your pro coil, although I still had most of my "luck" with the old coil on my SE.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
them IHS are hiding with the Buffs.. hit that place hard.. nice silver :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions