Silver Dime Tri-fecta

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thought I would post a dime tri-fecta I found today. All from an 1890's private yard. Oddly, I didn't find any Indian Heads and only 2 wheats. I am thinking it has been hit before even though I found 4 silver dimes. Only one of them(Merc) gave a good signal. The others were deep or on edge. The 2 Barbers gave off a 10-44 on the Etrac, and I was thinking Wheaty. I was very happy when I cracked open the dirt, and 2 Barbers fell out. Best I could tell, they were directly on top of each other. First dime tri-fecta of the year.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 4142010a.jpg
    4142010a.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
pointdlr said:
Thought I would post a dime tri-fecta I found today. All from an 1890's private yard. Oddly, I didn't find any Indian Heads and only 2 wheats. I am thinking it has been hit before even though I found 4 silver dimes. Only one of them(Merc) gave a good signal. The others were deep or on edge. The 2 Barbers gave off a 10-44 on the Etrac, and I was thinking Wheaty. I was very happy when I cracked open the dirt, and 2 Barbers fell out. Best I could tell, they were directly on top of each other. First dime tri-fecta of the year.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Killer! :headbang: my Pro coil is on back-order... and I have also been using the numbers more than the + on the SE!

Moundbuilder,
I have used the SE and the Etrac. The target box was pretty good on the SE, but almost worthless on the Etrac. With both machines, I use tone first, then depth, but you end up using the numbers with the Etrac. It is a difference between the machines that I have noticed. You will like your pro coil, although I still had most of my "luck" with the old coil on my SE.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

them IHS are hiding with the Buffs.. hit that place hard.. nice silver :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back