Silver dimes trifecta

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I came up short on getting my first grand slam. I'd recently been hunting a back corner of one of my favorite parks and finding wheats. I returned yesterday evening and dug a nice Merc first hole. Three more wheats, a '41 nickel and a Rosie. Last keeper was a well worn Barber dime. Everything was in the 6-7" range. No seated to be had, though. Conditions were near perfect: Moist ground... low trash... few clad... secluded and quiet ( except for one large barking dog behind a nearby fence ).

I want to note that I was a little too critical of the Equinox last year when I first began using it. I think I had become too accustomed to reasonably accurate target ID and that is not the Nox's strong point. Truth is, the Equinox is an absolute beast! I now think of it like a badger or beagle... it is a relentless, fast, deep-penetrating coin getter that will sniff out anything in the dirt. Although you do get a general idea of the target, it's really a matter of "good...dig it" vs "junk...skip it." Once you accept that and just focus on digging the "good" numbers range instead of in-depth analysis of each signal it will produce like crazy. I run Park 1, multi freq, 22-24 sensitivity and notch out everything below 11

That being said, I think this area will be ideal for my CTX. Maybe there is a seated hiding in there somewhere ? 8-)

dimes1.jpg dimes2.jpg dimes3.jpg dimes4.jpg dimes5.jpg dimes6.jpg dimes7.jpg dimes8.jpg dimes9.jpg

Upvote 20

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt! Those dimes sure are shiny!!
I agree about the nox. I set aside my etrac last August and have only been keeping the battery charged to make sure it doesn't go bad. I haven't needed it yet! My silver coin find rate has only gone UP since the switch.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I totally disagree, never dig numbers.(It's a bad habit on any machine, assuming you want to find gold etc)

Last edited:

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! There's just certain pleasures I like. Very slowly scratching off scratch lottery tickets. Dime in a hole with only part of the "one dime" showing, and taking it slow using the water bottle to build the suspense. A tiny glint of silver in the hole and waiting the entire day for your buddy to run over and look at it before it's identified. Ahh, the good life!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job yes the Nox hits coins very deep. I call that a great day keep rippin. Tommy

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of coins. Gotta love them Silvers. Congrats!

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One dime from each time period, very unique and unusual. Great job!

OP
OP
O

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! There's just certain pleasures I like. Very slowly scratching off scratch lottery tickets. Dime in a hole with only part of the "one dime" showing, and taking it slow using the water bottle to build the suspense. A tiny glint of silver in the hole and waiting the entire day for your buddy to run over and look at it before it's identified. Ahh, the good life!

Thx Dennis. The flash of white when silver pops always gets me! Also, the green wheats and Indians.

OP
OP
O

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I totally disagree, never dig numbers.(It's a bad habit on any machine, assuming you want to find gold etc)

Hello Crusader. I rely on a combination of sound and numbers. For me, the Minelab numbers have proven reliable for coinshooting, which is what I focus on. I did dig a nice 14k ring with diamonds late last year because of the signal even though it Id’d as a pull tab. I do have a Tesoro Tejon.... have you tried one of those over there?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the trifecta! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread