Silver dollar, Union Pacific Token finds.

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some trouble sleeping the other day and decided to get a good and early start on my hunt. (I was scheduled to start work a few hours earlier than I normally would so that was another reason. Wanted to get at least a couple hours in.)

Went to my wooded area to look for more earlier finds and started to get some signals and was blown away when I dug the silver up! I was so happy and wanted to dig for more but the mosquitoes were literally eating me alive! The repellent I used seemed to be attracting them and I'm sure I was down at least a pint or two before I got out of there. I vowed to myself to get some decent stuff before going back. Stopped at a store on my way in and picked up some military repellent that I KNOW works well. :wink: Once out in the clear Isat and looked at that silver coin for a good while. It was down about 6 inches and I thought it was some junk at first due to the strength of the signal. Had some more time so I went to my dependable spot and started there. Dug up the decorative piece first and I think it dates to the 20's due to the Art Nouveau style to it. No idea what it was attached to originally. :dontknow: I got some deeper signals next and found the Union Pacific token and the ring next to each other at the same depth - about 7 inches. The ring appears to be a costume or trinket ring, not gold or anything - but the designs on it are pretty. I'm thinking it might be a bit older as well. It was very interesting to look up the history behind the token with it's 1934 World's Fair connection.

I overslept today and am not going to get as much time to hunt now. Dangit. Some is better than none! LOL

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• july 24.jpg
    july 24.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • morgan dollar - A.jpg
    morgan dollar - A.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1,299
  • morgan dollar - B.jpg
    morgan dollar - B.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1,274
  • union lucky 1.jpg
    union lucky 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,268
  • union lucky 2.jpg
    union lucky 2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • july 24 ring.jpg
    july 24 ring.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,246
  • july 24 ring B.jpg
    july 24 ring B.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,220
  • dug decoration 2.jpg
    dug decoration 2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,233
  • dug decoration 3.jpg
    dug decoration 3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,215
Upvote 0

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! AWESOME!!!!! I am stoked for you!! whooo hooo!

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you're really tearing it up!!!

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the wonderful comments!! :) I don't think I'll top that day's finds for a very long time. I'll keep hunting though! :wink:

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess those tokens aren't that uncommon then. My wife dug one up a few months ago over here. I still have yet to find a silver dollar, very nice.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great finds... Congrats, I wish I had your drive to be out there that much. I just can't get myself to brave the
heat, or get up that early ;D

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
black651 said:
Thanks all for the wonderful comments!! :) I don't think I'll top that day's finds for a very long time. I'll keep hunting though! :wink:
till u go out and dig a gold coin tomarow ;D nice frigging hunt!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread