Silver drought continues at new permission.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are wet as can be from rains but dry in the precious metals around my house. Drove out to see about detecting an old farm house about 20 miles from me. Cjon and I had stopped there our last permission seeking hunt and no one answered. Today a lady was in the yard but said she only rented. Bummer! Drove on out in the country down a couple unfamiliar roads, but didn't feel the need to stop anywhere. On the way home, I decided to stop at a house in a town that appeared to be renovated. The owner was there and said he just wanted to see anything I found. Small yard and only spent 45-60 minutes there. Found this neat little pin that showed gold through the dirt!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436393672.299245.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436393711.506072.jpg

Only things found were a 1983 Canadian cent and 30 something clad US cents besides the pin. I showed the owner everything. He showed interest in the pin but declined to take it. Once I got home and cleaned it up, it was apparent that it is gold plated, darn it! Not sure of the age, but it was very pretty in it's day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436394001.753432.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436394057.197642.jpg

Upvote 27

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats OD on the nice pin, I'm sorry to hear about the minimal target hunt. When I ask permission and the occupant states that they only rent, I then ask who mows the yard and upkeeps the grounds? If they say they do, I then again ask if I can detect and sometimes it turns a no into a yes. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For about 600$ our artisans could maybe fashion a war nickel from that pin...just saying....maybe....pm me for details?

Lol Al! Thank you very much for the thought ( and the chuckle ), but cheating is one thing I just won't do. I never understood playing the game if you aren't testing yourself.

P.s. I know you were making a funny...good one too!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For about 600$ our artisans could maybe fashion a war nickel from that pin...just saying....maybe....pm me for details?

I think if he'd take that same $600 and trade that machine into Kelleyco they would ship him a decent machine in just a few days. Just saying....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brother AL, sorry, your not registered as a supporting vendor so you can't do that.

Last edited:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think if he'd take that same $600 and trade that machine into Kelleyco they would ship him a decent machine in just a few days. Just saying....

I have really been biting my tongue since this joke started..... I can't resist a moment more....OD? I found a beautiful war nickel in my supermarket change the evening I first saw Tyler spoofing on you.....keep your detector..... Go to the market and buy fish...it worked for me...God bless you....your humility is refreshing.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I am thinking of getting that fancy Garrett detector ~ the ATX simply 'cause it's the only detector Vino does NOT have.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of getting that fancy Garrett detector ~ the ATX simply 'cause it's the only detector Vino does NOT have.

that's an awesome machine, I think its big buckaroos too:dontknow:

its on Kellyco for $2120

Last edited:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

First of all.....its a beautiful piece of art you found..... It would make my month.... Secondly, there's an ATX on EBay now....... Don't tell Vino

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's an awesome machine, I think its big buckaroos too:dontknow:

its on Kellyco for $2120

We know OD has the $$. Partly because he doesn't drive to Philly on his days off work to hunt

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a beaut and cleaned up really nice. Did you say Victorian? Nice to see that you got out and posted.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a beaut and cleaned up really nice. Did you say Victorian? Nice to see that you got out and posted.

Which is what ultimately matters..... All joking aside OD? it's beautiful.....

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking pin ! That would have made the trip worth while to me!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really nice old pin!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find OD. Congrats.

I am just so pleased to see that this thread was only partially hijacked... and the best part is that CJON seems to be the target, instead of poor little me!

I see that Scrappy invited you out. I would be so all over that invite. He is finding more silver than any other regular poster on this site, from what I can tell. He could lead you to that find that has eluded you.

Again, congrats, and best of luck to you!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll just KICKBACK today and water hunt.
Might be Vino's Birthday Today.hmm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread