Silver drought is finally over....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First silver was a year ago...1943 Merc. Today I hit another 1943 Merc...not sure what those odds are but I bought a lottery ticket on the way home and won $100. Just kidding on the last part...

Left is today....right is last year. Would not anybody thinking they were the same 1943 Merc or anything shady like that.

DSC00995.JPG

Youtube video as well if you are into that...

Upvote 13

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is strange a year apart and both the same year. Nice score! Do you get out much to detect? Has to be more in your area!

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's a beauty! Congrats. -Lisa & John

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is strange a year apart and both the same year. Nice score! Do you get out much to detect? Has to be more in your area!

Thanks! I detect with my wife about 3X a week. We do the Youtube thing as well and have fun with it. Husband VS Wife challenges for most coins dug or numerical value etc etc. We find tons of wheat pennies but silver is pretty rare for some reason. I know there is tons of it in my area as we live about a 10 minute walk from the Santa Fe Trail in a late 1800's town called La Junta in Colorado. A major stop on the trail back in the day. So there is PLENTY of it here...just can't seem to hit it very often. Wife scored a 1919 Merc a few months back and probably 12 wheat pennies in the last month....I scored a 1901 V Nickel a month or 2 back. So there is stuff here for sure.

She's a beauty! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Thank you!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dig much silver, except modern earrings.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take silver earrings anyday man! Good stuff!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still love Mercs !!! Nice recoveries !! Congrats and HH

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dimes are a favorite to find! Those look great. Some of those houses in La Junta look so old. I've been tempted to go door knocking to bottle dig! Never any time for me. Good luck with permissions on that trail!I I imagine some of those land owners own quite a bit.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver dimes are a favorite to find! Those look great. Some of those houses in La Junta look so old. I've been tempted to go door knocking to bottle dig! Never any time for me. Good luck with permissions on that trail!I I imagine some of those land owners own quite a bit.

Plenty of these houses are early 1900's. Some pretty nice people here and permissions usually go ok....just have not found anything good yet at one. But will keep trying. Thanks for the nice comment!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver finds! :occasion14:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats

I hate silver droughts. I just stay consistent and patient. Putting yourself were silver would have been lost is the most important thing though

HH Jer

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I detect with my wife about 3X a week. We do the Youtube thing as well and have fun with it. Husband VS Wife challenges for most coins dug or numerical value etc etc. We find tons of wheat pennies but silver is pretty rare for some reason. I know there is tons of it in my area as we live about a 10 minute walk from the Santa Fe Trail in a late 1800's town called La Junta in Colorado. A major stop on the trail back in the day. So there is PLENTY of it here...just can't seem to hit it very often. Wife scored a 1919 Merc a few months back and probably 12 wheat pennies in the last month....I scored a 1901 V Nickel a month or 2 back. So there is stuff here for sure.

Thank you!

I went to LA Junta many times growing up. My grandmother lived there for years and we would drive to Colorado for Christmas break. Great place:) Congrats on the silver!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow small world. I moved out here from California in 2000 and was only planning on staying for 6 months...met my wife on the internet and never moved back. 2 kids and 16 years later I'm still in La Junta.

Thanks for the nice comments everybody!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great videos HunterGT. That school you are hitting is sure to produce soon. All the signs are there. I haven't hit silver in the last few outing so I am sure to hit soon.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you cut it in half and send me the other half I also have been in a silver drought LOL Good job I hope your luck changes now Thanks for sharing your find I guess a lot of it for me is the anticipation but every dog needs a bone once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions