Silver quarter, Buffalo, wheats, and a weird ring?

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out to an old permission today for a few hours. We have gotten about 3 inches of rain and the detecting is much better. The old vacant house is mid 1800's and I have pulled some nice finds over the years here. Today I managed a 1939 Washington, 1936 buffalo, 2 wheats 1920 and 1940, and a weird ring? Any ideas would be appreciated. It was probably a cheap one, but still has some gilding left. The top looks like a conestoga wagon and on one side is the scales of justice and the other has a hand holding a torch. The bottom of it has what appears to be another ring integrated. Maybe that was used as a way to carry it as a pendant on a chain? Last but not least, I have seen some posts about finding gas rebates, well I found the gas key! Happy hunting and keep swinging that coil. Thanks for looking. IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0032.JPG

Upvote 15

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, interesting ring for sure!

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really cool ring and a nice buffalo. Ring looks like it has carnelian or red coral in one end. Congrats. -Lisa & John

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is an enigma. I don't think It depicts a wagon. What is the red thing that is held in on the one end? Can you see it looking down inside from the other end? Almost looks like a ceremonial item. Kinda looks like something is missing under the scale.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure what the red thing is and you can see it looking down the other end. There is a hole on the side and something is missing there.
That ring is an enigma. I don't think It depicts a wagon. What is the red thing that is held in on the one end? Can you see it looking down inside from the other end? Almost looks like a ceremonial item. Kinda looks like something is missing under the scale.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One strange looking ring which makes it all the better nice coins too Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it was a type of whistle ring.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the finds! The ring at first glance looks like it might be a saddle.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. That ring is interesting, and your Buffalo is in great shape with a readable date like that.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess, but look at it as supposed to be a front sight off of a toy gun and the second ring as the sling swivel. Obviously not a swivel, but you get the idea. The "wagon" looks like a front sight hood. Who knows, just a guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions