Silver Eagles

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
the graded ones minimise the risk, However there is a grading service that alot of people on here arnt very happy with, I think it is SGS but i could be wrong, some people reckon the overgrade everything???? I am sure someone will put you right on that one.

The higher the grade the the more valuable the coin of any given year is. They are also the ones to appreciate the most as a general rule.

Hope this helps.

Jowlz

Aug 6, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500GTI/Minelab Explorer SE
I buy a lot of both graded and ungraded. I buy the ungraded only because I have 4-5 unfinished sets I am working on. Once the current sets I am working on are finished, I will mostly buy graded, unless I get ungraded coins at a bargain.

I am finding that with the price of silver rising, the price difference between graded and ungraded is minimal. I'll give you some examples. I bought 4 1995 PCGS MS69 graded coins for $95.00. That's about 3-4 dollars more per coin than out of the tube unc. coins. I have been buying MS69 NGC Slabbed Silver Eagles (non-low mint) for $26-$32 for a while.

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Hey Jowlz

I agree with you, however for someone starting out in the collecting game it is far safer to buy graded coins than ungraded coins. After all you dont pick up on how to grade coins yourself overnight. and there are alot of people who overstate the grade of there coins for obvious reasons.

Cheers Sasnz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread