ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Finally a couple of dives after food poisoning last Saturday. Boy was I itching to get out. I was able to save a small 3.22 gram 14K signet, a 1920, 1925 and 1940 merc and a dead Bulova watch. Three more locker tags and not much else.

The token is aluminum and it is on the White House. Haven't researched it yet

Glad I was finally able to get back in the water and back in the swing of things. Hopefully more stuff soon.

Upvote 23

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE27635936.jpg

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt. Congratulations on the gold!!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Looks like a nice bunch of finds there!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery on the gold.

The thoughts of having a case of "Dehli Belly" and wearing a wet suit wouldn't be fun. :tongue3:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt Scuba!! Yep that food poisoning is some bad stuff. Had it once in N.O., a 1am hot tamale from a street vendor right off Bourbon Street. Liked to have died with that stuff. Glad your back and better !!

Congrats !!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great couple of dives, Scuba! Silver and gold and the obligatory brass clasps...lol. Glad you're feeling better, I knew something was amiss as we have not had any posts recently from you, that stuff is horrible! Glad it didn't hit you ten feet down...imagine filling up your mask AND your suit! ...great stuff, thx for sharing...Ddf

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats on a great couple of dives, Scuba! Silver and gold and the obligatory brass clasps...lol. Glad you're feeling better, I knew something was amiss as we have not had any posts recently from you, that stuff is horrible! Glad it didn't hit you ten feet down...imagine filling up your mask AND your suit! ...great stuff, thx for sharing...Ddf

Just the visualization is enough to mag a gaggot! It was horrible Sunday and Monday and a bit better on Tuesday. Yesterday, was the first I thought I could try and I was still a bit week.

Thanks for all the replies. Glad it is over and I can get back to what I love to do in the summer.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are feeling better, food poisoning can take wind out of your sails for a while. Like ddf said, wondered why there hadn't been any new posts, good reason! Looks like you hit the water with good finds. Any markings on the back of the watch? I have some old Bulovas and there was a way to tell age during the 50s, 60s and 70s that I am aware of. The 1950s will have an "L and a number for 195 and then the year, as L8 would be 1958. M for the 60s and N for the 70s. Some gold and coins and those bath house keys seem to turn up as lost a lot. Nice return to hunt.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Glad you are feeling better, food poisoning can take wind out of your sails for a while. Like ddf said, wondered why there hadn't been any new posts, good reason! Looks like you hit the water with good finds. Any markings on the back of the watch? I have some old Bulovas and there was a way to tell age during the 50s, 60s and 70s that I am aware of. The 1950s will have an "L and a number for 195 and then the year, as L8 would be 1958. M for the 60s and N for the 70s. Some gold and coins and those bath house keys seem to turn up as lost a lot. Nice return to hunt.:icon_thumright:

Back of the watch says Bulova Quality 2106831

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds!! WTG,,. glad your feeling better..

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
There were two Belle Island bath houses.
The first burned down in the 20's and the second was used in '67 to house rioters.
It, too, was later taken down.
Don......

TRUE, The first one was in a different area. The one I am in front of was built in 1909 and it was a popular beach until it closed in 1963. In 1967 the police used the bath house for a holding cell and they demolished ALL the buildings in 1973. There is absolutely nothing left to show what used to be there but a small part of a building.

The bath house had over 3400 men's lockers and over 3000 woman's lockers. Detroit police must have patrolled the docks because of the 7 buttons I have recovered in the water. It is illegal to swim or dive where I am diving for MOST people. Detroit has made the Detroit river an active crime scene because of all the items that are tossed into the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread