Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young childs life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.T)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.T)

Stopped at one of our old, heavily pounded parks. Started out not finding a whole lot, but then on the side of a hill with a slight incline, I got a clad quarter reading at 5"/6". I flopped back the sod and still got the reading in the hole. Dug down a few more inches and saw a ring at the bottom of the hole. I excitedly pushed the dirt from the center of the ring and saw the 14K, that made my day. It is a little confusing though, because along with the 14K, there is a 925 stamped in the ring? Soon after I found the 1960D silver Roosevelt,New York fare token, 45 cal slug a dice earring piece at 7", several wheat's, screw driver and about 2$ in clad. Now, towards the end of the hunt, there was a group of children gathered around me watching me. After a while, I decided to cross the busy road that runs through the park. The children stayed on the other side except for one, a small 4 year old,(or so). I did not notice him following me to the other side of the road. As I stepped up on the curb, I saw him, just as his brothers and sisters called for him to come back and his mom ran out of her house about a block away yelling. He tried to immediately run back to the other side, but I saw 3 or 4 cars coming fast around the curve towards us, so I pulled him back up on the curb, out of the street and away from the on coming cars. At the speed of the vehicles and the angle of the curve, he probably would have been hit. I held him there until all the traffic was gone, then told him to hurry back to the other side. At that time, I saw his mom and dad standing in there yard. the group of children and little boy ran back to their yard and everyone went into the house. Well anyway, thanks for looking. :icon_sunny: HH!!

php3XmdXBPM.jpg

Attachments

• phpHfB9E9PM.jpg
    phpHfB9E9PM.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,362
  • phpuzhMW8PM.jpg
    phpuzhMW8PM.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,365
  • phpBD6GMfPM.jpg
    phpBD6GMfPM.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,375
  • phppAerogPM.jpg
    phppAerogPM.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,379
  • phpu05XBZPM.jpg
    phpu05XBZPM.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,395
  • php7Vo3hOPM.jpg
    php7Vo3hOPM.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,417
  • phpCwWygEPM.jpg
    phpCwWygEPM.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,417
  • phpF0RgQ4PM.jpg
    phpF0RgQ4PM.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,421
Upvote 0
OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Yea, that is a nugget ring as Monty first posted. The top part of the ring is made to look like a gold nugget. The way the ring is designed, the top part or the nugget part of the ring is 14k gold and the band is .925 sterling silver. No plate, electroplate or fill as others have said that is marked GF or EP. Nice find, good job with the kid keep it up. Could you do me a favor and post some other angles or pictures of the ring from different sides??

Keep @ It and HH!!

Here you go MUD(S.W.A.T), here are some more pics for to look at, thanks for your interest! The light kept glaring off the ring,sorry. The last one looks purplish? It really looks like white gold.
phpA0StORPM.jpg

Attachments

• phpNpTcIBPM.jpg
    phpNpTcIBPM.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 678
  • phpyW5mZqPM.jpg
    phpyW5mZqPM.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 680
  • phpulWvA5PM.jpg
    phpulWvA5PM.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 669

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life!

godisnum1 said:
My dad used to have one of those... there's supposed to be a hammer that fits the end of the largest screwdriver.

Bran <><

Bran,
You're making me feel old now buddy, I have one too. ;D :wink:
-MM-

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.T)

Great job HH.
Some nice finds and a great thing you did snagging that kid. :thumbsup:
Were the parents by chance wearing mullets and "I'm with stupid" shirts? :tard: :tongue3:

You found my birth year silver. I still haven't found a 1960.

Super HH.

-MM-
(Missing Mullet)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.T)

Hey,

Thanks for the Pictures, :thumbsup: yeah I'd say that is white gold. White gold is an alloy of yellow gold and some white metals such as nickel, silver and palladium. To make White Gold you need another metal to make it white like nickel, silver and palladium. They used Silver hence the mark .925 great find, case closed.

Keep @ it and HH!!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hey,

Thanks for the Pictures, :thumbsup: yeah I'd say that is white gold. White gold is an alloy of yellow gold and some white metals such as nickel, silver and palladium. To make White Gold you need another metal to make it white like nickel, silver and palladium. They used Silver hence the mark .925 great find, case closed.

Keep @ it and HH!!

AGREED! Case closed!

Very nice ring!

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

we rescue more then coins and metals. Nice Job,,,,

Happy Hunting
Twin Digger

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beetle662 said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hey,

Keep @ it and HH!!

AGREED! Case closed!

Very nice ring!

If it is, please explain why - 'The sterling standard is 925 parts of silver to 75 parts copper in every 1000 parts sterling silver'. Therefore if it had more than 75 parts gold then it wouldn't be 925 standard. 14K would be more than this amount. Or am I missing something?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.

It is possible that the ring is vermeil— gold-plated sterling silver. Such rings may be marked with both the karat of the gold used (typically 14K or 18K) and .925 (sterling) to indicate the fineness of the silver. Do a search on "vermeil" for more information.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver , Gold Ring and saved a young child's life! (UP DATED FOR MUD (S.W.A.

PBK said:
It is possible that the ring is vermeil— gold-plated sterling silver. Such rings may be marked with both the karat of the gold used (typically 14K or 18K) and .925 (sterling) to indicate the fineness of the silver. Do a search on "vermeil" for more information.

exactly, back to the original theory.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is not plated, see the scratches if it were plated the scratches would show flaking from the plate. It is a 14k white gold ring that used silver to make the gold white, trust me... Made that way they would have to include each metal in the ring on the stamp. Sterling Silver (.925) and 14k yellow gold...

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
It is not plated, see the scratches if it were plated the scratches would show flaking from the plate. It is a 14k white gold ring that used silver to make the gold white, trust me... Made that way they would have to include each metal in the ring on the stamp. Sterling Silver (.925) and 14k yellow gold...

Keep @ it and HH!!

That is right, there are a lot of nicks and scratches on it and I even put a slight gouge on the rear edge of the band, with no signs of plating any where. Even on the inside front and out side front, where there is little to no wear, it looks the same as the rest of the ring,( no difference of metal texture or flaking anywhere on the ring). When I have time ,I will have to stop by a jeweler to confirm this. Thanks for looking!! HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread