"Silver" handwritten one of my Half Rolls today, and it contained....

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as some might know, I have had great luck finding SOLID rolls of halves since I started last year. I have found 6 Solid Rolls of AG halves, 5 of which held true when there was writing indicating it's pureness inside. :icon_thumleft: Todays...This one COULD HAVE been all Silver when it first arrived at the bank, because it still spewed out 4 - nice 40%s with perfect edges STACKED toward one end of the roll. Makes you wonder how it first arrived at the bank????

STARTED CRH AGAIN ON MONDAY!!! Goals are set, looking foward to posting my finds again.
Monday: Skunked
Tuesday: 2 dimes
Wednesay: so far (lunchbreak) 4- 40%s, 1 dime

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck! hope you find some in the city of "culling" :-)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOO! nice job, I've never gotten silver from CWR's, but have from loose teller tray finds... there are too many coin counters in my area for a roll of halves to accumulate. Most banks suggest bringing loose coins to a coin counter of another bank in my neck of the woods.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a roll of kennedy halfs that had the date 1968 written on the wrapper, there was four 40% coins in it. i was about to give up on this bank too so i was very happy with that find. happy hunting.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a roll of kennedy halfs that had the date 1968 written on the wrapper, there was four 40% coins in it. i was about to give up on this bank too so i was very happy with that find. happy hunting.

In Phoenix? I went back to the same bank 2 days later "bc a teller had some more", and it produced 3 more 40%'s. Im assuming from this same roll. HoneyHole

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !! I can't find rolls? All most never.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !! I can't find rolls? All most never.

Thanks Tim, we had this debate sometime last year. You may have trouble finding Customer Rolled Halves in your area bc your region has counters..therefore customers just use those, they get bagged, and boxed.

Phoenix doesnt have many counters...if banks do they usually dont accept halves. Hence why there are a tone more customer rolled halves here.

All region dependant..but if we had counters here...Id be a box maniac like the majority of half hunters. I roll around to a grip of banks daily and thats probably why I have found so many solid rolls in less than a year of hunting. Cheers!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go hunting at a lot more banks if gas weren't so expensive. must be nice to find solid rolls! I also can't handle the rejection time after time of being told they don't have halves, or that they won't sell them to me if I don't have an account. I like just getting boxes from tellers who I know in town and are more than happy to help me out.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bank i have an acct. with and visit twice a month always has half dollar rolls. i am in a rural area perhaps that makes a difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread